Info On Norwegian Sea...Please

Looney4cruising

I will keep notes and do a review.. And the dailies.. I kept notes before but it was "If I live thru this hurricane, I will never get on a boat again".. I can't wait for the Lattitude party so I can tell the captain how glad I was he pulled us thru. If any of you sailed Sept. 11, you know what I mean.:eek:

Let me tell you, the Sea is one sturdy lady.. I heard the rudders out of the water but told myself that no way was that sound what I thought it was. But the next morning, I found out indeed that is what it was.. So I expect this next trip to be smooth as butter.:)

Just got back on the 19th Feb. I agree with g cruise. The Sea was wonderful. Yes the rooms are a bit smaller. Would not recomend more than two in a cabin. (rooms might be larger in upper decks) we were in cabin 4229. It was right inside the hallway from the excursion desk. The room was probably in the best location that I have been in. It was right in the middle of the ship and handy to everything you went to. It was surprisingly quiet. The main dinning rooms are also very close and you are right accross from the elevators to go up. Food was excellent and we did not have to wait to get in to the restaurant more than a couple of minutes. If one was full the hostess would call the other one and a short walk and you were seated right away. We never had less than a party of six-eight. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. I did a lot of twofers. Ordered two entries to try a couple of different things. Any questions feel free to ask. Gary o.

In November we were down the hall a bit from you, closer to the elevators and the others coupes we were with agreed on the location. This isn't the first time we have been on a main deck or near an elevator: love it. To anyone that is worried about the noise, it really isn't noticable at all. As for the rooms being larger; yes, the ones on the top few decks are a bit larger, but most are the same as yours and ours. NMnita

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Sea this morning..,March 12th. Had a wonderful week. The only sad part was that we missed Cancun due to high seas. It was pretty rocky that day and we waved to Cancun as we sailed by. I'll put up detailed report soon. If you have any questions, send them my way! :-)

We are booked for the 15 nights Panana Canal Cruise. The cruise is booked full and we managed to get a few of the remainding Cat CC rooms. Does anyone have pictures of the Cat CC rooms by the way?

I heard that once the SEA is transferred to Star Cruises, she will be based out of Singapre.

Once the Sea leaves, is NCL discontinuing the Texaribbean cruise? Are they bringing anything else in to replace the Sea??

Took her for my first cruise in '99, and will always have fond memories of getting "picked" to do the YMCA with 3 others. The things we'll do for adult beverages!!! :D

Sorry to burst your bubble on this one. We took the Sea 2 years ago on a trip from NYC to Montreal. We have sailed 15 times on 5 different lines and I must say that this experience was the worst example of cruising I have ever encountered. The ship is quite old based upon current standards; cabins are tiny; furniture in cabins made out of metal and did not work properly; bathrooms were tiny; beds were cots with very little support and I kept hitting my arm when I turned over at night. Worst of all, the lines to eat dinner around 7PM were 45 minutes long with no place to get a drink...relax or whatever.

We love cruising and, except for the Sea, have enjoyed each and every experience. Pricing on the Sea tends to be low, but the quality of the cruise reflects it. I believe that the newer Norwegian ships are much better...but this one was not built for "free style" dining and it shows.

LEN

Just returned from the Sea 3-19-05..We had a blast! She is an older ship, but still in great shape! We did make it to Cancun, but it was a very rough tender back to the boat..It was rainy and very windy, what an adventure!! The crew was fantastic! The food was great and the Sea exceeded my expectations! The ports were great! I'm exhausted!We can't wait to go on another cruise! It's the only way to travel! Enjoy your cruise!:D

What a great trip. We truly enjoyed the cruise - all 15 of us! I would recommend it to anyone who is not looking for a super fancy cruise. The casual dress and freestyle meals were the best. The islands were great. Can't say enough about it. You will have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
Looney4Crusing...

Please be sure to post everything about your cruise on the Sea. We are scheduled to leave on May 7th, and can't wait. This will be my husbands 1st cruise. We would like to hear from anyone who did any diving in Belize, Honduras or Cozumel recently.

Thanks,
Linda

Archived