Sodas Available

ImADaneFan

I have a question for all of you that have sailed since the change from Coke to Pepsi. The bar menu lists " Lemon-Lime Soda and Diet Lemon-Lime Soda*" *Available only in cans. Is that Mountain Dew and Diet Mountain Dew? DH is addicted to DMD and I don't think he can go 14 days without a fix.;) If it's not available we'll have to bring some with us.

pepsi.jpg.8eb0031674869f4a972257ef60e5231c.jpg

I have a question for all of you that have sailed since the change from Coke to Pepsi. The bar menu lists " Lemon-Lime Soda and Diet Lemon-Lime Soda*" *Available only in cans. Is that Mountain Dew and Diet Mountain Dew? DH is addicted to DMD and I don't think he can go 14 days without a fix.;) If it's not available we'll have to bring some with us.

Its closer to a 7UP than a Mt'Dew . Bring your own ;)

Ahhh....that works....but I think I will bring small bottles.

Me too. Isn't it amazing how important our bevvies are? I just saw some really compact bottles of soda - probably about 8-12 oz. but not in the boxy packaging I usually see - I think it was a 12 pack, but really flat (for bottles, which I prefer to cans). I didn't stop, so I'm hoping I can remember which of the approximately 10 stores I've been in over the past few days it was I saw them. :) DH will balk at anything too bulky or conspicious.

Me too. Isn't it amazing how important our bevvies are? I just saw some really compact bottles of soda - probably about 8-12 oz. but not in the boxy packaging I usually see - I think it was a 12 pack, but really flat (for bottles, which I prefer to cans). I didn't stop, so I'm hoping I can remember which of the approximately 10 stores I've been in over the past few days it was I saw them. :) DH will balk at anything too bulky or conspicious.

LOL. I prefer sparkling water or seltzer water over soda. Once in awhile I drink soda...not too often. I drink decaf iced tea alot......but I try not to drink too much of it when I cruise because of the caffiene. I will probably bring a small assortment of lime sparkiling water and a few diet caffiene free sodas onboard. :)

Whats Siera Mist?

And how exactly is the Iced tea made, whats in it. To us over here Iced Tea is what happens to your hot tea in winter lol

Ice Tea...Iced Tea.......they have one of them....lol. It is cool till you put it over ice...then it becomes colder....lol. Not sure....but I believe it is a mix or syrup like the other beverages they have...they mix with water and come out of a machine.

Sierra Mist is like Slice, 7-Up, Sprite....it is a lemon-lime flavored soda.

HTH

Whats Siera Mist?

And how exactly is the Iced tea made, whats in it. To us over here Iced Tea is what happens to your hot tea in winter lol

I grew up in the South and I can't remember sitting down to a meal (other than breakfast) where we didn't have iced tea on the table. Iced tea is made similarly to hot tea (brewed) except in larger quantitites and it is then put into a pitcher and served over ice. For those who like it with sugar, you add the sugar while it is still hot. Sometimes you drink it with a slice of lemon.

Sierra Mist is a diet, lemon-lime type beverage.

I grew up in the South and I can't remember sitting down to a meal (other than breakfast) where we didn't have iced tea on the table. Iced tea is made similarly to hot tea (brewed) except in larger quantitites and it is then put into a pitcher and served over ice. For those who like it with sugar, you add the sugar while it is still hot. Sometimes you drink it with a slice of lemon.

Sierra Mist is a diet, lemon-lime type beverage.

Sierra Mist comes in both diet and regular. :)

Good to hear Diet Sierra Mist is being offered, as that's pretty good.

I'm also thinking of taking along some of the Crystal Light "On the Go" packets that come in lemonade, iced tea and assorted flavors that I could add to bottled water or a glass of water. Doesn't take up much room and gives a little beverage variety.

Diet Pepsi, Regular Pepsi, Regular Mountain Dew, Regular Sierra Mist and Diet Sierra Mist -- also,first day they opened cans and just poured some into a plastic cup if you have soda card -- only those who paid per-can of soda got the entire can of soda. After that, the patrons with soda cards they used the fountain for you for soda. But someone told me if you asked for the can they would give it to you. Just got off the Majesty today.

Thanks all the the explanation of sierra mist and iced tea. I thought perhaps the tea wasnt simply cold tea but had stuff like sugar and lemon added to it which u all pointed out it can.

thanks wont feel like a fool asking questions like that on my cruise lol

In the line of the little bottle sized drink packets you can also get propel and Kool-Aid that the younger kids like. I personally like the pink lemonade made by Wylers and you can often pick up an 8 or 10 pack from one of the dollar type stores. They fit in your purse or suitcase nicely. I also like to carry the little box of pellet type splenda, smaller than a box of matches very convienent to asking your tablemates to pass the sweetner when you have it in your purse or pant pocket.

In the line of the little bottle sized drink packets you can also get propel and Kool-Aid that the younger kids like. I personally like the pink lemonade made by Wylers and you can often pick up an 8 or 10 pack from one of the dollar type stores. They fit in your purse or suitcase nicely. I also like to carry the little box of pellet type splenda, smaller than a box of matches very convienent to asking your tablemates to pass the sweetner when you have it in your purse or pant pocket.

I brought all kinds of extras for adding to drinks......lemonade....ice tea.....tea bags...and splenda. The Jewel had splenda available...not sure if all ships do.

Archived