Question about menus on longer cruises

woodley

Just did the 27Jun09 Jewel Baltic sailing. from memory, The menu changed in the main dining room every night. There may have been some similar dishes but that would happen anywhere. of course the specialty restaurants remained the same.

We actually checked the main dining room menu every morning to help decide if we would eat at a specialty restaurant or eat in the Azura or Tsars Palace.

Just a quick question, do the menu's repeat each week on cruises that last longer than a week or is it different each night.:)

On our 13-night Panama Canal cruise on the Jade last year some of the menus did repeat. I probably never would have noticed myself, but because we were in a Garden Villa, on the first day or two, the butler came in with copies of all the dinner menus from all the restuarants for every night of the cruise.

To make it easy for us to order in if we wanted, he had written a number on the top of each menu, then on a sheet of paper he had listed each day of the cruise along with the menu numbers that we could order from for that day. I noticed that some of the numbers were used more than once (for instance - and this is just a sample because I can't remember specifics - the main dining room menu with the number "5" written at the top was used for day 3 and for day 11).

Cheers,

~Joyce

On cruises longer than 1 week I've seen the menus repeat. But I haven't tracked it closely enough to notice whether there is any particular pattern to it. My guess is that there is somewhere between 7 to 10 menus.

Archived