Ship Docks at St. Thomas at 11am, is their time for St.Johns?

Lazz

Summer of 2010 we want to take a cruise that docks at St. Thomas at 11am. Will their be time for a trip to St. Johns either on our own or with a tour? We were their years ago and seem to remember that the last boat back to St. Thomas left at 2pm.

There should be plenty of time to go to St. John - There is no S!!

Some of the ships offer a tour that you can take over. If you want to go on your own, be sure you watch the clock carefully and leave extra time. Remember Island time does not mean the same thing as time back home. Things move at a slower pace and there maybe traffic getting back to the ship. Worse feeling is the world is to be road seeing a ship going out to sea and realizing it's yours.

Scott

The ferrys leave later than that. I saw them running at 5:30pm this past Tuesday. What time do you have to be back onboard the ship?

Steve

Ship leaves at 7pm, so I assume everyone needs to be on board by 6pm. We are interested in beach time at Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay.

Ship leaves at 7pm, so I assume everyone needs to be on board by 6pm. We are interested in beach time at Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay.

We did a RCL excursion in 2004 to Trunk Bay and it was gorgeous! Cinnamon Bay was beautiful last Tuesday from the water! There's a campground right on the beach. You'll have to be back onboard at 6:30pm. I just did a Jost Van Dyke day trip review on this thread. Parts of it will interest you. Cab ride to Red Hook. St. John back to Red Hook. I'd say do it on your own. There's also a posting about doing it on your own (on this thread). Lots of good info.

Good Luck.

Steve

Archived