cat cruise (or sailing)?

sunseeker09

We're thinking about doing a cat cruise or day sail (sail boat) while in St. Lucia.

It seems some/many are not suitable for cruise ship passengers as they are 8 hour trips.

I checked out Serenity, but their cat cruise day sail doesn't say anything about snorkeling or cruising by the Pitons.

The ship's excursion actually doesn't look bad. We're on the Carnival Victory. It goes by the Pitons then snorkeling at Anse Cochon for $59. No lunch served in the 4 hr trip, and it does look like an enormous cat. The picture shows a cat with "Tango" on the side. Has anyone done this? ...or any others to recommend?

I contacted Serenity from there website and thought I would post the reply for others who may be interested. It sounds great. We'll do this one for sure over the cruise line's tour. We like to support local when ever we can. Just need to decide on this or maybe diving instead.

"Thank you kindly for your request, the pleasure will be ours hosting you. There is no minimum number required for the day sail as we anticipate getting bookings for your requested date. You get one hour to snorkel at the islands premier snorkel site - Anse Cochon. We also dock in Soufriere near the pitons before heading to the volcano and a great island lunch. You will get some spectacular photo ops. of the pitons as we sail into and away from the Soufriere bay."

sunseeker - are you on Victory next week? We'll be diving in St Lucia - using Dive Fair Helen if you want to join. I was going through the same decision that you were I think.

Next week?! No, I wish. We are a long ways out yet. Thanks for the invite though. Have a great cruise! Look forward to your review when you return :)

Archived