Tables for two in Blu (Soltice)?

San Diego Ellie

I am hearing impaired, so I am sure for me it will be worth the difference in price from cc to aqua class to eat in Blu. We also like a table for two. Are there many of those in Blu? Thanks for any help those of you who have been on Solstice and eaten in Blu can provide.

At Andreas Depping's interior photos of Equinox--they are featured via an active thread on this Forum now--and, specifically, look at his Album [under Photo Gallery] covering Entertainment Deck [#5]... That's where Blu is located...

You will find that virtually all tables in Blu are tables for two [though the distance between some tables is not very wide] that can be pushed together to accommodate larger groups...

Solstice and Equinox are virtually identical... I liked the food and I liked the atmosphere [130 seats]--it's akin to dining in a fine restaurant--in Blu very much when I sailed AquaClass on Solstice back in March... So much so that I've booked AquaClass [blu] three more times in the future...

...Solstice and Equinox are virtually identical... I liked the food and I liked the atmosphere [130 seats]--it's akin to dining in a fine restaurant--....

Is it so good ( taking into consideration the service, low noise level, ambience, and food quality ) that you would not pay the extra cost to Murano?

Is it so good ( taking into consideration the service, low noise level, ambience, and food quality ) that you would not pay the extra cost to Murano?

We did the Solstice 15-day TA and ate in Blu every night along with our table mates. We never even thought of going, much less paying, for a specialty restaurant. We loved Blu.

Hi,

Enclosed is a link to our January time in Blu aboard Solstice. We, too, thought it was fantastic, and wish you all the best in your upcoming sailing!

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570096512zGGlRZ

Have a great cruise.

CM

Thanks for the photos. Some of these tables are quite close to each other.

Did you find it an issue?

I truly liked every aspect of Blu and never did dine in any of the Specialty Restaurants during my seven nights aboard Solstice in the Caribbean... And though they got great reviews, I didn't feel as if I missed a thing...

That said, I do have reservations for one night each in Murano and in Tuscan Grille during my fourteen night Ancient Empires trip on Equinox leaving Rome in late September... My decision had nothing to do with any dissatisfaction with Blu but rather with my desire to mix it up a bit and experience something different in terms of surroundings and food style...

I expect I'll find the service, low noise level, and ambience of the Specialty Restaurants to be comparable to what I've experienced and expect in Blu... It's a bit tougher--since I haven't experienced specialty dining on any Celebrity ship yet and given that Blu's concept is so different than that of all the other offerings--to conjecture comparatively as to the food...

I know that I thoroughly enjoyed the menus, the food, and its preparation in Blu... To me, it represents an opportunity to dine well with good food in a pleasant atmosphere that I'd find appealing every night... I have the sense--and it's only my impression now--that the food in Murano may, comparatively, be an over-the-top experience that I'll relish as a treat but that is probably not how I would personally choose to eat [i enjoy a great meal but am certainly not a gourmet] on a day-to-day basis...

Hope this does justice to all venues... And hope that this helps answer your question...

CelebrityMan posted those photos.

Xport, I certainly agree with you that eating gourmet for 14 nights straight is not what I long for. The nice ambience to enjoy well prepared meals is more important. I too intend to eat once at each specialty restaurant for the experience. Thanks for your comments.

• 2 months later...
At Andreas Depping's interior photos of Equinox--they are featured via an active thread on this Forum now--and, specifically, look at his Album [under Photo Gallery] covering Entertainment Deck [#5]... That's where Blu is located...

You will find that virtually all tables in Blu are tables for two [though the distance between some tables is not very wide] that can be pushed together to accommodate larger groups...

Solstice and Equinox are virtually identical... I liked the food and I liked the atmosphere [130 seats]--it's akin to dining in a fine restaurant--in Blu very much when I sailed AquaClass on Solstice back in March... So much so that I've booked AquaClass [blu] three more times in the future...

Glad to hear about the abundance of tables for 2 - that's what we disliked about Century MDR back in March. Were stuck at table of 8, some of whom were rather outspoken and unpleasant!

My main concern about AQ is noise from pool area above. Is this a dealbreaker or something we can live with. I don't plan to spend all day in the cabin btw!

We were in Blu on our last cruise and enjoyed it very much. We also ate in all of the specialty dining restaurants. We loved Murano's. My DH also enjoyed Tuscany Grille but I thought the menu was a bit limited. I'm not much of a meat eater. I really liked Silk Harvest but it was the least favorite of my DH. My reco is to definitely add Muranos. If you are a steak eater you'll like Tuscany Grille. If you like Asian food of all types try Silk Harvest.

Archived