Another Funship Dollars Question

Okay, I just purchased funship dollars for myself and put in my booking # and Cabin # in the address field as instructed by many posters on this site. I got my confirmation email right away, but I have one other question:

I just looked at my cruise documents online. The documents are 13 pages long. Where in the documents will the OBC amount from the funship dollars be displayed? :confused:

It wouldn't be displayed for about two weeks... But, it only displays if you purchased them and had them applied as on board credit.

If they're mailing you the Funship Dollars you'll have to take them to the Purser's Desk and have them applied to your account.

:)

Yes, I had them applied as on board credit. I wrote "On board credit - apply to booking ###### - my name in cabin ####."

Then give it a few weeks. It may show as quickly as five or six days...

Look for it in the 'Manage My Bookings' section under 'My Cruise'.

Definitely give it a few days - it took about a week for ours to show up. In the meantime, you'll give a second confirmation email from someone at Carnival stating that they have applied them to your cabin.

When you generate your cruise docs (where it gives you your luggage tags), it'll list your OBC.

Definitely give it a few days - it took about a week for ours to show up. In the meantime, you'll give a second confirmation email from someone at Carnival stating that they have applied them to your cabin.

When you generate your cruise docs (where it gives you your luggage tags), it'll list your OBC.

Thanks. If I understand correctly from Mach, it will show in the "manage my bookings" section of "my cruise," but you say it will also show in my cruise documents?

Forgive me, but what page number of the cruise docs? I looked at it and it's 13 pages? There didn't seem to be a section for on-board credit? :)

Thanks! Just a little worried. I love Carnival, but they keep messing up things--like my past guest status. I love the idea that many posters had of using funship dollars as a savings tool. I'd like to add funship dollars to my sail and sign each week leading up to my cruise in Sept!:D

Thanks. If I understand correctly from Mach, it will show in the "manage my bookings" section of "my cruise," but you say it will also show in my cruise documents?

Forgive me, but what page number of the cruise docs? I looked at it and it's 13 pages? There didn't seem to be a section for on-board credit? :)

Wow my cruise documents are never more than 7 pages. It shows the OBC on the last page before the luggage tags on mine. There is a section on the right hand side of the sheet that lists the cruise confirmation, total fees paid, etc. It will show any OBC you have there also.

Mine shows on page 6 of My Documents. However, mine are only 7 pages long. Look for the section that says "Guest Cruise Ticket Contract Acknowledgment". This section lists itemized charges and will show any OBC that's been applied.

Hope this helps!

If this OBC you are buying is going to be the total for your Sail & Sign card and if you checked "cash" on the Fun Pass you will need to go to the Pursers now I\Guest Services desk and put done a small cash amount to "activate" your account or the OBC will never populate to the account.

I found this out on day 2 of my last 12 night Hawaii sailing when I had pre-purchased my S&S amount as OBC and was denied the purchase of photos due to a lack of funds :eek: luckily I had all my OBC purchase receipts with me so I went to the Pursers desk to find out was going on and was told I needed to activate the account ....... something no-one at Carnval had mentioned when I bought the OBC and so I forked over $20.00 to activate the account, but it still took a total of 4 days for the full amount to populate the account since the Miami Accounting department had to be constantly contacted by the Pursers to get it all credited. Now I know.

I put $ on our onboard acct and it took a couple of days for it to show up. I didn't do it online, I called Carnival direct. My PVP gave me the #. On your boarding docs it isn't listed in the box where the cruise price, taxes and prepaid gratuites is listed. It's right under the box and says onboard credit. That's how mine showed up. I think I called them on a Tuesday or Wednesday and it was there the following Monday or Tuesday. They even told me when I asked after I opened up the acct when it would show up and they told me not till a couple weeks till the cruise but it was there. Of course, I emailed my PVP when I saw that it had cleared my bank acct so I don't know if he had anything to do with it posting right away or not.

Lorna T,

I just returned from a 7 day on the conquest and only used funship dollars as OBC for my sail and sign and didn't have to activate anything and was not charged a fee. S&S was avaliable to purchase DOD and pictures immediately.

If this OBC you are buying is going to be the total for your Sail & Sign card and if you checked "cash" on the Fun Pass you will need to go to the Pursers now I\Guest Services desk and put done a small cash amount to "activate" your account or the OBC will never populate to the account.

I found this out on day 2 of my last 12 night Hawaii sailing when I had pre-purchased my S&S amount as OBC and was denied the purchase of photos due to a lack of funds :eek: luckily I had all my OBC purchase receipts with me so I went to the Pursers desk to find out was going on and was told I needed to activate the account ....... something no-one at Carnval had mentioned when I bought the OBC and so I forked over $20.00 to activate the account, but it still took a total of 4 days for the full amount to populate the account since the Miami Accounting department had to be constantly contacted by the Pursers to get it all credited. Now I know.

Well my problem was in 2006 so maybe they finally figured out how to get the OBC to populate correctly now.

I still stick to Travelers Checks, and they are fee free at my credit union.

Thanks! Just a little worried. I love Carnival, but they keep messing up things--like my past guest status. I love the idea that many posters had of using funship dollars as a savings tool. I'd like to add funship dollars to my sail and sign each week leading up to my cruise in Sept!:D

We've done this the past two cruises and all OBC was there when we got onboard. Last cruise it showed up just where Host Mach said. I always keep the "stubs" that come with the funship dollars and take them with me--just in case.

I put $ on our onboard acct and it took a couple of days for it to show up. I didn't do it online, I called Carnival direct. My PVP gave me the #.

The number is 1-800-906-7603. Give them your CC number and they will apply directly to your OBC account (has to be in Fun Ship Dollar increments, I think $25, $50 and $100). They will give you a receipt/confirmation number; write it down. Cut off is about 15 days from departure.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this information. I like the idea of an OBC prior to going. I just purchased my first "funship" dollars and got the confirmation for the purchase now to wait for the credit to show up. As long as this works I will continue this process each pay until a month before we cruise. So with this in mind we should have a good OBC amount.

Getting more and more excited about our first cruise.

Wow, that sure was fast. I did not expect this until next week. I just purchased my "funship" dollars "late" last night and got the confirmation email for the purchase immediately and then low and behold this afternoon, I got the email that they are being mailed out to me today. I was able to call and have these added to my OBC instead of mailing and that was completed also immediately.

I am very pleased at how fast this transaction had occured.

Archived