Fantasy "Bistro" Dining

blwms

Anyone with recent "Bistro" (buffet) evening dining? We have been on a dozen or so cruises and have never tried the new night time dining concept on Lido. But both of us have a slight hearing problem that makes it "trying" to carry on conversations with strangers. Our last cruise a little over a year agao was a bit bothersome because of this. But we love cruising and are easy to please when it comes to food. Just like to hear some experiences with the Bistro concept.

There are more of the dining room selections available on the Lido Deck, but IMO they're not nearly as good. The Fantasy has quite a few tables for two in the main dining rooms if you would feel more comfortable with that option - just ask when you board and they can assist you with that. I've found on my last few cruises that there are empty tables for two in the dining room, so it may be easy to arrange.

From what I've been reading, the "anytime dining" on Fantasy allows you to request your table size each evening, so you could get a table just for the two of you.

This appeals to me because I'd rather just be at a table with my family.

Anyone with recent "Bistro" (buffet) evening dining? We have been on a dozen or so cruises and have never tried the new night time dining concept on Lido. But both of us have a slight hearing problem that makes it "trying" to carry on conversations with strangers. Our last cruise a little over a year agao was a bit bothersome because of this. But we love cruising and are easy to please when it comes to food. Just like to hear some experiences with the Bistro concept.

Perhaps you could request a table for two with your booking and if you find you don't have that once on board you could talk to the Maitre D about your preference for a table for two due to your hearing problem.

I would hate to think you would have to miss the dining room but I do undertand how "trying" it is with the background noises, silver and china clinking, conversation, etc. I have dealt with hearing problems and am compassionate to your problem.

I completely forgot that Anytime Dining is now on the Fantasy - that would be ideal for you guys. You can go into your reservation on Carnival's site, if you booked through them, and change your dining request, or your PVP/TA can do it for you.

Archived