What should I pack for St. John Cruise?

Out of all my cruises Ive never gone north before so I have no idea what I'm packing. lol Im in Philadelphia but Im not sure how chilly it will get going up to Canada, leaving Aug. 6th. And what temp is it in St. John in Aug? I dont want to be cold or hot whiel sightseeing. Im so used to packing for HOT, i'm clueless going up the other way. lol Please help!!:eek:

Out of all my cruises Ive never gone north before so I have no idea what I'm packing. lol Im in Philadelphia but Im not sure how chilly it will get going up to Canada, leaving Aug. 6th. And what temp is it in St. John in Aug? I dont want to be cold or hot whiel sightseeing. Im so used to packing for HOT, i'm clueless going up the other way. lol Please help!!:eek:

A nice day in Saint John in August is in the mid 70's; however if the fog rolls in it can drop within mintues to the low 60's - so I would suggest bringing a light weight jacket.

I tried to answer your question earlier this morning but the boards were not working so I copied it and am posting it now:

It has been an unusually coolish and wet summer here, however the people who know these things assure us that is about to change. Coastal weather in these parts is hard to predict so it is best to layer your clothing when you leave the ship in the morning because although it may be cool (60's) when you go ashore, by noon the fog may have burned off and it will be very warm and humid. (mid 70's and sometimes into the 80's). This can even apply as you leave the harbour area and go a few miles inland. I live about 3 miles from the port and I can be complaining about the heat, but if I go uptown to the port area I always take a sweater because there is that much variation as you get near the water.

A very warm day will cool off suddenly about 6PM and you will need a sweater or light jacket.

Even if it is in the low 80's on land it will be cold at sea in these waters so a fleece and a sweater may be in order if you like to walk the decks at sea.

One word: layers. I'm wearing jeans and short-sleeved top (with optional cotton jacket) for wandering around Saint John.

I hope we have nice sunny days at sea. My first cruise was Victory to Halifax and both sea days were beautifully sunny so I'm hoping this cruise will be similar!

Archived