Catamaran to Nevis - HELP!

Graylar

I have been searching for a catamaran lunch cruise to Nevis but it appears that Leeword Island and Blue Water Safaries are both now contracted with the cruise lines and can only be booked through the cruise line when a cruise ship is in port. That increased the price from $85 each to $125. Red Sail cruises is now out of business. Any other reputable Cat Cruises that anybody would recommend. I hate to pay this much especially when they will have standing room only.

Are the catamarans going to Nevis and Pinney Beach yet? Last you mentioned it, they were going to Cockleshell. BTW in my past experiences with the catamaran cruises and lunch, we have never been over crowded on any of the ship excursions.................humm, just lucky I guess.

Ya, I got the same response - That they were contracted to the ships and couldn't book us.

Maybe it hasn't been updated (although that would be bad business sense for them), but the ship's excursions (for Carnival) still say this:

"Note: Due to hurricane damage, the Catamaran will be unable to anchor off the Island of Nevis. Until restoration, our Catamaran will sail past the island of Nevis and will anchor off another beach, off the SE peninsula of St Kitts, for your beach time and lunch."

So we'll wait and see I think, otherwise we'll have no problem doing a relaxing beach day there :)

Princess site has the "sail-a-way" to Nevis..................with lunch at Pinney Beach. I thought perhaps they just never changed it since the storm, that is why I asked. I don't mind spending the money but if I ended up at Cockleshell I would have been disappointed. We were there last year. Not that it wasn't worth going again..........but definitely cheaper by taxi !

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Princess definitely is back at Nevis. Just did the excursion last week, it was WONDERFUL. I would highly recommend it. It would NOT have been worth the money if we went to Cockleshell.

Thinking of doing the catamaran to Nevis and was wondering a few things... did you do this as part of a ship excursion or did you book your own? I see on the Tour Store there is a big catamaran that seems to do the same thing my ship is offering (Celebrity's Solstice) but the times on the Tour Store aren't as good as my ship excursion so?? From all the photos, they seem to be exactly the same boat? Any thoughts on this?

I am just in the beginning of research and this is my first time visiting St. Kitts, but... what is there to see on Nevis? Is this just a beach stop, or is there something to see or do?

Thanks so much for any information on catamaran activities in St. Kitts.

We did the Princess ship tour.....................It was a great sail, snorkeling and then the stop at Nevis for lunch. You can walk the beach, lounge or whatever. We spent most of the time in the water. It was just so warm, clear and beautiful. I prefer the excursions from the ship but I'm sure a private hire would be pretty much the same.

The catamaran trip to Nevis is only done through Leeward Island Charters which has The Eagle and The Spirit of St. Kitts. It can only be booked through the cruise ship or through Caribbean Journey Masters also knows as The Tour Shoppe (not to be confused with The Tour Store). Blue Waters Safari is the other company and they either go to Cockleshell Beach or server lunch on board the boat. I highly recomment Leeward Island Charters because the lunch and drinks served on the beach is a lot of fun and the food is really good. You also can't beat the open bar from the beginning of the trip to the end. It's a great day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived