Suggest an awesome restraunt in Miami!!

YFancyface

We'd like to avoid things we can get at home, ie Hooters ;) Something with a Miami feel would be wonderful!! Any suggestions?

I have two places where I take out-of-towners frequently. They are not for foodies; although the food is good, there is better food in the Miami area. However, the food is more than adequate and the places are fun and interesting.

The first is the Rusty Pelican on Key Biscayne, just across the causeway from Miami. The view of the Miami skyline across the bay is absolutely awesome. The restaurant has huge amounts of glass that frame the view. Try to catch the view at sunset! The menu emphasizes, but is not limited to, seafood.

The second is Versailles, a Cuban restaurant in Calle Ocho, the old Cuban section of Miami. It is a large, busy, vibrant place, reasonably priced, with a menu large enough that almost anyone can find a dish of interest. There are more upscale Cuban restaurants in Miami, but this is the iconic one in the area and to me it is the most fun to visit. Try to spot which table has the Cuban agents and which table has the FBI.

By the way, vehr-SIGH is a palace in France. vehr-sigh-ES is a restaurant in Miami.

Hope this helps.

Neil/Miami

I agree with Neil's picks.

I'd also like to add a few culinary favorites:

Ortanique

Michy's

Michaels Genuine.

I live near Michy's. Outstanding food and great place to take a date. I eat there about as often as I can save up the $$$.

Michy (Michelle Bernstein) is the host of our local PBS television station's restaurant review show.

Neil/Miami

I def agree with the Rusty Pelican -- DH and I got married there! The view is unlike any other, and the food is really good.

Another place I like is Los Ranchos, pretty good Argentinian/Latin American food, and the location at Bayside is nice.

If you want a very South Beach experience (read: half naked waitresses Salsa dancing on the bar), try Mango's on Ocean Drive. I'd call it tropical with a Cuban flare.

Archived