Opinions needed - Wyndham pass for the wife & 2 yr old - Stuart Cove

for myself and 7 & 10 yr old boys. We depart Friday on the Monarch. We are suppose to arrive in Nassau at noon. I would like to take the bus with my whole family to the Wyndham. My plan is to drop off my wife and toddler there. Then me and my two older boys would take the bus back to the dock where we can catch the boat to the Stuart Cove excursion (it is suppose to be there at 1:30).

Several questions...

1) Will I have time to do all that assuming the ship arrives on time? Am I cutting it close to get back by 1:30?

2) How long does the Stuart Cove excursion take, round trip?

3) Are there enough things at the Wyndham Resort for the wife and toddler to do for 3 to 4 hours?

Thanks.

for myself and 7 & 10 yr old boys. We depart Friday on the Monarch. We are suppose to arrive in Nassau at noon. I would like to take the bus with my whole family to the Wyndham. My plan is to drop off my wife and toddler there. Then me and my two older boys would take the bus back to the dock where we can catch the boat to the Stuart Cove excursion (it is suppose to be there at 1:30).

Several questions...

1) Will I have time to do all that assuming the ship arrives on time? Am I cutting it close to get back by 1:30?

3) Are there enough things at the Wyndham Resort for the wife and toddler to do for 3 to 4 hours?

Thanks.

I can't answer any of these questions, but I still think that you'd like to see/read this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=20553500&postcount=14

Is it safe and relatively easy to travel on the busses? My wife will have our toddler who normally rides fine in cars.

Could a water taxi get us there faster? I'm not even sure they are available to Wyndham.

What time does the Monarch usually arrive in Nassau?

You could not walk this distance with a toddler. It's several miles. Take a taxi if you do not trust Jitney #10, why I do not know, they are only vans dressed up as buses and they are only $1.25 one way, probably won't charge for your toddler.

And...I have never read anything bad about Nassau. It's perfectly lovely.

We depart Friday on the Monarch. We are suppose to arrive in Nassau at noon. I would like to take the bus with my whole family to the Wyndham. My plan is to drop off my wife and toddler there. Then me and my two older boys would take the bus back to the dock where we can catch the boat to the Stuart Cove excursion (it is suppose to be there at 1:30).

Several questions...

Thanks.

We just came back from Monarch of the Seas yesterday. My husband and I went to the Wyndham for the day.

We took the Jitney bus over to Cable Beach and honestly I do not think you'll make it back to the dock for your excursion. It took us 20 minutes to get off the ship. The bus ride in traffic was about 45 minutes in medium traffic.

Personally, this is just my opinion, I would not take a two year old on the bus due to the lack of seatbelts. The taxi on the way back to dock had seatbelts and would be a much safer ride in my opinion. The cost for two people was $15. The bus ride was $1.25 per person.

The ride by taxi was about 20 minutes and was air conditioned. It's too far to walk from Wyndham to the pier.

If the weather is good, there is plenty to do for your whole family. If I were in your shoes, I would get the $99 Sheraton room right next door to the Wyndham. You can use both facilities and have use of a day room (hotel room) until 6pm.

There is a beautiful beach there with snorkeling equipment for your older children.

Someone above posted a link to my mini-review with some pictures of just the pool area. When we go back to Nassau, we are definitely going back to Wyndham!

Hope this helps!

I know Stuart Cove picks up from many of the hotels. Are you arranging your trip with them independently? You could take everyone in a taxi to the Wyndham and then have SC pick you up there at the hotel. Same thing in reverse. Might save some time and logistics.

PHXscuba

I know Stuart Cove picks up from many of the hotels. Are you arranging your trip with them independently? You could take everyone in a taxi to the Wyndham and then have SC pick you up there at the hotel. Same thing in reverse. Might save some time and logistics.

PHXscuba

Hey, I just remembered something I saw in the lobby at Wyndham! They were selling excursions! Excellent, PHXscuba!:)

OP-I would call Wyndham directly and check it out!

We just told Stuart Cove where to pick us up (hotel as opposed to dock). I think there was a pick-up schedule on SC's website of where/when they would be picking people up. I didn't actually use the hotel for anything (other than waiting outside their lobby).

PHXscuba

We just told Stuart Cove where to pick us up (hotel as opposed to dock). I think there was a pick-up schedule on SC's website of where/when they would be picking people up. I didn't actually use the hotel for anything (other than waiting outside their lobby).

PHXscuba

Are you doing the shark dive with Stuarts Cove?

and spoke to the same lady twice. She said that they will not be able to get to the dock on Saturday in time because they are on the other side of the island. Their schedule says they pick up at 1:30. Can anyone verify this info? She told me I should call Dive Bahamas because they are on the port side of the island. I called these guys, it is a dive and snorkel boat that sounds nice, but I don't know anything about them.

Archived