OK - How do I take advantage of a price drop?

If you made the reservation, call when they open and ask for a price adjustment. If you used a travel agent, they must make the call.

If the price is for a Tuesday sales event, it will be for new bookings only, but it doesn't hurt to ask anyway.

Well today is Tuesday... so how would I know if it is a Tuesday sales event? All it says is "Deals - Special Pricing - Royal Caribbean Sales Event"?

You are looking at the Tuesday specials then and you will not be eligible for them. Look for the same price drop tomorrow or later in the week. If they don't sell too many they will either leave the price down or lower again.

Wish I would've known about the Tuesday specials...I booked on a Monday!

The tuesday specials have NOTHING to do about when you booked. They come out on Tuesdays and are only good for that one day. The prices in the promotion are good for NEW bookings only. Keep checking because several times the prices stay the same for the next couple of days.

OK so I just called and this is indeed a One Day ONLY Sale.

So my next question is - can I cancel my initial reservation? Then re-book as a new one? I don't even know if I can cancel or not - prolly not, but just curious. This would save me $120.

If you bought a ticket price under residence or senior, do u filter again under those to see if there are possible price drops?

Thats what I did. Now instead of saying "Residency Rate" it says RC Special Sales Event"... Nowhere does it say anything about a One Day Only Sale.:confused:

So my next question is - can I cancel my initial reservation? Then re-book as a new one? I don't even know if I can cancel or not - prolly not, but just curious. This would save me $120.

You are not supposed to be able to do this...the sales are ususally for sailings that have already passed final payment...so you would lose more money by cancelling than you would save...

The various specials can change each day. If you were able to get a seniors rate last week that doesn't mean it will be available now. Same for any other specials.

If you are past final payment it will not be worth your while cancelling. Usually they won't let you cancel and rebook under the Tuesday specials anyway.

Nope the reservation will be flagged and they will cancel both.

If the price goes down, not for a special sale, but just becuase prices went down, they will refund you the difference. I booked nearly 7 months ago. Since then things have changed like the price of gas and the swine flu. The price dropped and I was refunded nearly 1800 for two rooms.

The problem with cancelling is that once you are past final payment, penalties apply. One time I did cancel past final, paid the fees, and rebooked (online with a rep the whole time) and still saved $600.

As people have said, keep watching because if not enough cabins get sold, they may offer a general discount on your category.

Archived