Scrapbooking

My SO is wanting to participate in Scrapbooking which is offered on our Liberty sailing in acouple of weeks. Can anyone share their experiences who have done this before?

Thanks

Dave

One of the Activities Staff usually hosts this. It is quite rudimentary and is more of a craft activity time than a class.

They provide ideas, examples, craft paper, some cut outs, glue, pens, etc., and will come around and help. I have learned quite a bit from the other participants -- people are pretty willing to share. If you want an intensive scrapbooking class then this won't satisfy you, but if you're wanting to learn a bit and spend some time crafting then it is just right!

I tried scrapbooking on Independence this year. It is very basic. You are supplied with paper, cutouts, punches, sissors and help sheets. There is normally around 4 classes on 14 night cruise. I had done scrapbooking before so didn't wait beyond first 10 mins as I wasn't going to learn anything. Good taster if you havn't done it before. They also sell scrapbooks and scrapbooking kits on the ship.

It is a very basic class on any of the ships. The regular cruise director staff hosts it and rarely do any of them have any real experience scrapbooking... the guys especially tend to be clueless.

Each class (on the Mariner at least) had a theme and they provide you some basic stuff for a 8.5 x 11 layout. Some of the die cuts are nice but the colors chosen for the paper sometimes can be rather bizarre. They do have a nice collection of the mini punches and a scrap paper box so come armed with a sandwich sized ziploc and you can probably walk away with a nice assortment of punches to use on your pages once you get home.

Archived