Vancouver port to vancouver airport

We will be getting off the Radiance in Vancouver 11 September and then we need to get to the airport. Hopefully I have not goofed up as our flight is at 10:30 am. RCI tells me they can arrange my travel to the airport because my flight is before 11 am. Will I have a problem finding transportation from the port to the airport? Thanks

How many in your party? For 2 people it was a breeze, more it was a little longer to get a taxi but not much.

I would suggest you do self-disembarkation (not positive that they have it) for the Radiance or ask for early tags and get to the taxi area. We were called about 8am and were at the airport by 9am. My daughter even made the earlier flight to SFO.

We were recently in Vancouver (not cruise-related unfortunately). Because my hotel was by the Vancouver Airport, I took the #98 Burrard Bus that was a near straight shot to/from the Vancouver Airport to downtown, near the Cruise Ship Terminal (about 35 minutes). There's a transfer bus by the airport (about 5 minutes). Google maps can give you specifics. Plot in YVR (for Vancouver Airport Code) and Cruise Terminal, or vice versa. Do click "By public transit" and it would time a near perfect routing for you.

We were recently in Vancouver (not cruise-related unfortunately). Because my hotel was by the Vancouver Airport, I took the #98 Burrard Bus that was a near straight shot to/from the Vancouver Airport to downtown, near the Cruise Ship Terminal (about 35 minutes). There's a transfer bus by the airport (about 5 minutes). Google maps can give you specifics. Plot in YVR (for Vancouver Airport Code) and Cruise Terminal, or vice versa. Do click "By public transit" and it would time a near perfect routing for you.

Which cruise ship terminal are you talking about? Radiance is at Ballantyne pier not the one in town , Canada Place.

HI and thanks, we will be docking at the Ballantyne pier.

I was asking joyfulmarsh what pier their bus directions were to? I know you are at Ballantyne as are all RCCL and Celebrity ships.

RCL is not the Canada Place cruise ship terminal but Ballentyne Pier, a cargo port. I would not recommend the city transit from there.

Vancouver will have rapid transit up and running soon, maybe late August from downtown to YVR. But not where RCL or Celebrity docks.

RCL is not the Canada Place cruise ship terminal but Ballentyne Pier, a cargo port. I would not recommend the city transit from there.

Vancouver will have rapid transit up and running soon, maybe late August from downtown to YVR. But not where RCL or Celebrity docks.

Dayle, I've sailed in and out of CP on RCI, in the past. Are RCCL ships ONLY sailing out of Ballentyne, now? If so, too bad, as CP is MUCH more convenient. Hi, BTW!!! ~ L

We did the Ballantyne Pier to the airport thing the end of May. We took a cab, which there were many, and it took about 30 minutes. This was on a Sunday though so the traffic was pretty light. The cost was $33USD which included tip. It did take well over an hour to get checked in, through customs, and to the gate. Keep that in mind.

Yes, I initially had incorrectly used the other pier. Nevertheless, in plotting Ballentyne Pier to YVR on Google Maps ("By public transit" option), it's practically the same routing (with the #98 Burrard), but would now include a short ride on either the #7 or #4 bus out of the Pier/Terminal to meet up with the #98 Burrard--again a relatively straight shot down Granville Street (I believe the 98 is an express too) to YVR. Bus ride was $3.50, with transfer provided.

Dayle, I've sailed in and out of CP on RCI, in the past. Are RCCL ships ONLY sailing out of Ballentyne, now? If so, too bad, as CP is MUCH more convenient. Hi, BTW!!! ~ L

Lorna!

Hi, we are melting up here in a rare heat wave. Only the 3rd such wave since 1880!:eek: No AC in our homes...so it is too hot for sleeping at night, lasting all week too they say..

Well, as long as I have been cruising and aware of RCL, they and Celbrity go from Ballentyne. Yes, CP is nicer and closer to town and the action. It is a cargo port near by, which you can see from CP.

Take care.

Yes, I initially had incorrectly used the other pier. Nevertheless, in plotting Ballentyne Pier to YVR on Google Maps ("By public transit" option), it's practically the same routing (with the #98 Burrard), but would now include a short ride on either the #7 or #4 bus out of the Pier/Terminal to meet up with the #98 Burrard--again a relatively straight shot down Granville Street (I believe the 98 is an express too) to YVR. Bus ride was $3.50, with transfer provided.

It could be a walk though from the cargo port out of security to find a bus stop. It is not on a busy road.

In rereading your original post, I now see you have a tight timeframe. Speaking from recent experience (3 weeks ago), departing YVR in the midst of other departing cruise ship passenger, you will need about 2+ hour just to get through YVR and US Customs.

This is what I encountered for a Sunday 1:30PM flight. We arrived at YVR at 11:00AM and due to about 3 cruise-ships' worth of departing passengers, the airport was massively crowded and by the time I clear through all the necessities (US Customs, security, etc.), they had just called for boarding of my flight. It took more than an hour to snake through the security line. Thankfully, there were some very orderly queueing and you're ushered through a triad area that's closest to your flight time.

All this is to say that with plenty of other departing cruise-ship passengers scramble to make their flights, be armed with plenty of patients and give yourself more time then you think you would need. You just never know. So, no taking the bus option, but I hope the information is still useful for someone else with the luxury of time.

Is there not the program on Radiance whereby you clear customs off the ship, board a bus with your luggage to Airport and you see your luggage at you home airport?

If so that would be something to look into by calling RCCL to see if its available on your sailing

Is there not the program on Radiance whereby you clear customs off the ship, board a bus with your luggage to Airport and you see your luggage at you home airport?

If so that would be something to look into by calling RCCL to see if its available on your sailing

Yes, it is called UsDirect but you have to be on a participating airline and flights at certain times.

Yes, it is called UsDirect but you have to be on a participating airline and flights at certain times.

Sounds as if OP should check to see if their airline participates in USDirect and sign up for that

Sounds as if OP should check to see if their airline participates in USDirect and sign up for that

Most likely if they are too early for transfers, they are also going to be too early for US Direct.

I called RCCI a week or so ago and was told they can't really help since my reservation is for a 10:30 AM flight. They can only work with those passengers that have a 11:00 am or later flight. We were spoiled on our last cruise, we paid RCCI $20.00 per piece of luggage and they took it from our cabin and we did not see it until we arrived at Dulles, in Virginia

Grab a cab, that is the quickest. If you want more luxury type service I would call one of many limo operators (we used Star Limo) and they can book you in a car or a limo depending on what you need.

Enjoy the cruise!!!

Archived