How late can you stay on ship?

Yep, 10 a.m. We were on NCL in the fall and have the "luxury" of staying as late as 10:30 (we were off by 9:30)..but that's about the latest I've seen.

HAL let full suite passengers stay in the cabins until their color was called to disembark, or I think as 'late' as 10 AM if they wanted. We were also allowed to still have room service breakfast on the last day.

But they still wanted you off the ship ASAP. In fact, they were already starting to hose down balconies before we even left the ship.

They need time to prepare the ship for the next week's passengers and if you appreciated being able to board the ship before noon when your cruise commenced, you should try not to delay debarkation when your cruise has ended. There is little or nothing to do on the last morning and once the lines have diminished and the crowds are minimal, you should try to get out of the way and off the ship so the crew complete the task. You needn't be the first off the ship, but unnecessarily delaying your departure demonstrates a lack of consideration.

We had an extremely interesting view of this process during our EN B2B, err, uh, Consecutive Cruise.

Guest Relations Manager Rosa Torres asked us, the night before, to meet her at the gangway at 9:30 a.m. We were the only guests doing the CC on that cruise.

We arrived at that time and she handed us our new Seapasses. Her and staff were trying to round up those missing guests who's seapasses had not yet been scanned at departure.

They took this very seriously. Two guests were found still asleep. Two were lying by the pool. Two more here, there and elsewhere. They were trying to find 8 or so guests. Customs and RCCL wanted EN emptied of all guests. For whatever reason, we were to be the last guests off.

The radio chatter was quick and loud. Eventually the MIA's were found and departed. We followed immediately after, and were back on board in 15 minutes.

Bottom line, it's serious business getting the ship cleared. Don't contribute to the delays.

Rick and Deirdra

We had an extremely interesting view of this process during our EN B2B, err, uh, Consecutive Cruise.

Guest Relations Manager Rosa Torres asked us, the night before, to meet her at the gangway at 9:30 a.m. We were the only guests doing the CC on that cruise.

We arrived at that time and she handed us our new Seapasses. Her and staff were trying to round up those missing guests who's seapasses had not yet been scanned at departure.

They took this very seriously. Two guests were found still asleep. Two were lying by the pool. Two more here, there and elsewhere. They were trying to find 8 or so guests. Customs and RCCL wanted EN emptied of all guests. For whatever reason, we were to be the last guests off.

The radio chatter was quick and loud. Eventually the MIA's were found and departed. We followed immediately after, and were back on board in 15 minutes.

Bottom line, it's serious business getting the ship cleared. Don't contribute to the delays.

Rick and Deirdra

Interesting! Still asleep???:eek:

HAL let full suite passengers stay in the cabins until their color was called to disembark, or I think as 'late' as 10 AM if they wanted. We were also allowed to still have room service breakfast on the last day.

But they still wanted you off the ship ASAP. In fact, they were already starting to hose down balconies before we even left the ship.

HAL permits people in all stateroom categories to remain in their room until it is time to debark. That is a nice perk of HAL.

We were offered the same on our last several RCCL cruises. "If you wish to remain in your cabin until your color is called, that is OK."

This is part of the new RCCL departure process. We did the above, with the breakfast we carried back from WJ, and had a very nice, leisurelly departure. Hey, you are still on vacation. Don't be in a big rush to get back home.

Rick and Deirdra

This is kind of an embarrassing story to tell, but since it was my brother not me, I'll go right ahead!

On our last cruise, it came time to disembark and my dear youngest brother (21 at the time) was nowhere to be found. He was in a cabin with my other two brothers, and as far as they knew, had not been back to the cabin since the night before. He didn't meet us for breakfast, and we thought maybe he had found...ahem...a special girl...and was still asleep somewhere.

But around 10:00 am when just about everyone else was off the ship, my brothers had searched every bathroom, every cubbyhole they could think of, and the crew had searched every stateroom, and they had been paging him for a half hour, we were honestly starting to wonder if he had fallen overboard. We knew he had been drinking the night before. It was a very terrible half hour when he couldn't be found...then that jerk wonders around the corner!!!!

He had passed out on a lounge chair and slept there all night. The cleaning crew then roped off that area of the deck (without seeing him? or waking him if they did see him? we don't know) so people were assuming it had been searched. He finally woke up on his own and was pretty surprised to find an empty boat with his name being practically shouted over the loudspeakers. Big sigh.

So yeah, no hanging around on the boat on disembarkment day!

Archived