Tell me about Goff's Caye!

smilz

Still deciding. Need info ablout Goff's Caye!!!! How is the snorkeling? What conditions did you have?

Are you inquiring about the excursion off the ship in Belize? The ship docks about 20 minutes from the pier [via tender] since it is shallow. The snorkel trip to Goff's Caye takes about 30 minutes to get there...the caye is very, very small, with a short dock, no facilities except some port a potties, a small covered picnic area with some folks selling handmade necklaces and such, plus some beverages out of a cooler. There were about 30 people on the tender [directly from the ship], went with a guide, snorkeling was fine but the water got very deep in places, and it was physically taxing to keep up with the guide [and the current]...got kicked a few times by other people's fins, as we all were trying to keep up with the guide. There was very little shade and no places to lounge, unless you spread your towel out on the shell covered beach. You can snorkel from the shore but as you go around the atoll, it does drop off quickly...and the guide discouraged us from attempting to go around it, alone. Me...I like to snorkel, but I also like having a shady spot to lounge and have a mixed drink...and this excursion was focused on snorkeling...only...no amenities at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that review, I had been debating whether or not the price was worth it. Sweetums and I are trying to save some money(and we're cruising?) but this doesn't sound as pleasurable as the CC website describes it. We have decided to do the CC private island.

Archived