More shops on board?

One thing I have noticed people saying, is they dont sell much in the general store on board. I noticed that too, I was on a 12 day cruise and needed some more items I had run out of, I managed to get them on shore but had to go looking.

One way for RC to make more money would be to stock more items and more clothing and gifts, I am sure I would have spent lots more money on board if there were more choices.

Especially sea days, it would have been nice to have more shops and gifts to look at. I love shopping!!!:)

I agree - they didn't even sell aftersun which I would have thought would be a BIG seller with all us Brits ;) I had to wait until we got to St Thomas and go ashore to find some - yes I know I should have bought some and believe me it is top of my list now when packing :rolleyes:

You do get bored of looking at the same things in the shops - we used to keep going in thre just in case they had something differant :D

I agree - they didn't even sell aftersun which I would have thought would be a BIG seller with all us Brits ;) I had to wait until we got to St Thomas and go ashore to find some - yes I know I should have bought some and believe me it is top of my list now when packing :rolleyes:

You do get bored of looking at the same things in the shops - we used to keep going in thre just in case they had something differant :D

And why do they sell fleecy tops in the hot weather, its the last thing you want to buy.:confused:

And why do they sell fleecy tops in the hot weather, its the last thing you want to buy.:confused:

That might be for me - I am always FREEZING in the sub-artic air conditioning on board and I sometimes forget to pack a sweater. :)

I agree. I have always said this about all cruise lines/all ships.

What they need is a general drug store onboard with reasonable prices. A selection of toiletries (shampoos, soaps, conditioner, toothpaste etc). A better range of sun creams, after sun. More 'female' products.

They could also sell OTC medicines for headaches, indigestion, upset stomachs etc.

How about if they read some of the threads here on CC to see what people are bringing and sell those (duct tape, highlighter pens, clothes pins etc).

I think they would actually make more money out of things like this than the jewellery and fancy goods. People would not have to pack them or as we do go shopping at the port of embarkation before boarding.

Would anyone else like to see a general drug store onboard? What would you like them to sell?

What they need is a general drug store onboard with reasonable prices. A selection of toiletries (shampoos, soaps, conditioner, toothpaste etc). A better range of sun creams, after sun. More 'female' products.

They could also sell OTC medicines for headaches, indigestion, upset stomachs etc.

How about if they read some of the threads here on CC to see what people are bringing and sell those (duct tape, highlighter pens, clothes pins etc).

I think they would actually make more money out of things like this than the jewellery and fancy goods. People would not have to pack them or as we do go shopping at the port of embarkation before boarding.

Would anyone else like to see a general drug store onboard? What would you like them to sell?

This would be an excellant addition as it doesn't matter how well equipped you think you are you always have something you have to buy...as I said on one of my previous posts we needed aftersun and couldn't believe the shop sold suntan lotion but no aftersun and not even a bottle of moisturiser we had to resort to a small tube of lotion until we got to St Thomas :rolleyes:

Definately a choice in shampoo, conditioner and face wipes, shower gel, saves on the luggage weight too if we could buy it on board, we were charges £8 per extra kg on the way out, on the way back we left all that sort of stuff and the weight was loads better and less to pay.

I think that the cruise line would not try to stock too many drug items for this reason. Many people might try to self medicate and not seek help with the ships's doctor. Before anyone would have a clue the ship would have a full blown case of "something" going around the ship.

I think that the cruise line would not try to stock too many drug items for this reason. Many people might try to self medicate and not seek help with the ships's doctor. Before anyone would have a clue the ship would have a full blown case of "something" going around the ship.

I don't think this follows as most people bring these OTC medicines from home anyway. What is the difference between taking medicines you brought from home and buying them onboard?

I would have thought it would be better for the ship to be selling them. At least they would have some idea how many people were taking them rather than not knowing because people have brought them.

Archived