Transport Genoa port to Sestri airport?

Shaheen

Has anybody else ended their cruise in Genoa and had to make their own way to the airport?

I have found taxi sites on the web but they are all a bit expensive and so I'm wondering if there are buses?

I've finished cruises several times in genoa but have been flying home from genoa not sestri so have either got the ship's transfer or got a taxi. Getting a taxi at the terminal can be a bit of a nightmare if there are a lot of Italian passengers also disembarking as they simply won't q for a taxi but just rush out and grab one. it is the survival of the fittest and if you don't push and shove back, you wait a long time.

Thanks for that Amomondo. I didn't realize that there are two airports at Genoa. I presumed that the Cristoforo Colombo/Sistri was the only one!

Do you think that the Cruise Line might have a shuttle service to both airports? We're going with MSC.

Ah I've confused you. i had not heard of Genoa airport referred to as Sestri only Christofer Columbus, so I presumed this was another airport much further out.

Normally with MSC they only provide the shuttle service for people who have booked their flights with them. However depending on your flight time, they also do disembarkation shore excusrsions (usually for people with flights after 4pm) where they look after your baggage whilst on the excursion and drop you off at the airport at the end.

It really is not that far from the port. The biggest hassle with getting a taxi was actually getting in one. It only cost 20 euros the last time I used one.

• 1 year later...

Archived