50th anniversary celebration

timsbabe

Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while since I've been to cruise critic and I'm hoping I'll receive as much good advice as in the past. My parents are celebrating their 50th next year and we children (3) and our families would like to make their dream come true of cruising together with the whole family, however since half of all of the grandchildren will be in college...money, money, money!!:eek:...we'd like to know if anyone has any ideas on how to pull this off relatively inexpensively...not that my parents are not worth it, but reality is reality. We would be 4 families including my parents, children rangeing in age from 22 to 6. Of course this would be a surprise for my parents. Would love some ideas. Thanks!

Sounds like you all should plan a cruise in the Caribbean -- embarkation ports would be easier to get to than say the Med, etc.

You should personally talk to a TA to get prices -- sailing dates -- cruise lines -- ports.

I see that you have sailed on Princess before -- if you enjoyed that cruise -- then check into their cruises.

One special treat you might consider once on board is the speciality restaurant for that big surprise dinner.

Make certain that everyone going on the cruise has valid passports -- now. If not -- get them.

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate 50 years.

Hello and congratulations to your parents. We recently celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary with a vow renewal on the Celebrity Summit. We bought the Renewal package from the ship and feel it was well worth the cost. For about $600 we got the room, flowers, cake, champaigne and the captain doing the vows. It was wonderful and the event planner worked with us to make sure everything was done just the way we wanted it. The florist showed us all the flowers available, and then used the ones I chose. The photographs were very good, but the package only included one 8 x 10. All the others cost about what wedding photos do in my area. This was much cheaper than renting a hall, flowers, cake and champaigne, photographer, etc and doing it at home. In my area, the cost of renting a hall or special event venue is at least $750 just for the venue itself.

Whatever you do, congratulations!

Archived