Splendor - what are the worst decks?

We want to book the Splendor for a B/B cruise in January. I'm looking at deck 6 but I notice that it's right below the Promenade, what is your opinion? :confused:

I know the Splendor is a newer ship and maybe the accoustics are better....The cabin we're looking at is right below the shops on the Starboard side.

All advice on the good/bad and ugly would be appreciated.

We want to book the Splendor for a B/B cruise in January. I'm looking at deck 6 but I notice that it's right below the Promenade, what is your opinion? :confused:

I know the Splendor is a newer ship and maybe the accoustics are better....The cabin we're looking at is right below the shops on the Starboard side.

All advice on the good/bad and ugly would be appreciated.

Actually the Upper deck (6) is above the Promenade (deck 5).....if you are above the shops I wouldn't worry too much. I would avoid being over the theatre (front of the ship) or the back of the Upper deck since many of the bars, lounges, disco are located at the back of deck 5 and you may get some noise (e.g. bass thumping) in your cabin until quite late.... If you are night owls then it doesn't matter much!

The preferred deck would be the Verandah (deck 7) as it is sandwiched between 2 passenger decks and no public areas so hopefully noise would be minimal!

We were mid-ship on Deck 7 and thought it was very conveniently located. It was easy to get up to the Lido or down to the public spaces on Decks 3, 4, & 5. I think a cabin above the shops would be fine. I'd try to avoid anything above a theater or bar that features live music.

Do NOT book aft cabins 6456 or 6454, the music from the lounge area kept my parents up until at least after 1230-1 every night. They said the bass sound was horrible!!

We were on the lido deck in 9287 and 9289 and we loved this location, close to food and just down a few decks to the activities.

I like the Riviera deck. Low to minimize feeling too much motion, only other cabins above us (no public areas), and cheap. Works for us. :)

One of my fellow workers was on the Riviera deck and she loved it. She was mid-ship and, said that this ship is so big that being in the middle made it so much easier for them!

Thanks everyone I think we'll look at Veranda deck and not near stairwells.

Well, OK then, I was just going to tell you stay away from the Rivera Deck, outside Stateroom aft port side, very noisy when docking. Our friends had this Stateroom and it was fine until the ship docked and we went to eight ports, so the ship docked eight times. We were on the Upper deck, balcony, starboard side, right over the California Roll, very quiet.

Wizard: Tgianco, what is the worst deck on the Splendor?

Tgianco: Well that would be hard to say, sir. They're each outstanding in their own way.

Wizard: Cut the horsepucky, son. I've got the deck plan right here. Which deck sits right below the Galley? Which deck doesn't have anything fun? Every week, the deck is filled with underwear. Every Elegant night, the toilets explode.

Tgianco: You're talking about Riviera, sir.

Wizard: Of course I'm talking about Riviera, you TWERP!

Loved Cabin 6362 & 6364 (Balcony) which I believe it was Upper deck.. Was very quite but, was close to everything. Couple of floors up to Lido and 1 down to Promenade. Middle of the ship. This location was also very close to elevators and stairs.

Wizard: Tgianco, what is the worst deck on the Splendor?

Tgianco: Well that would be hard to say, sir. They're each outstanding in their own way.

Wizard: Cut the horsepucky, son. I've got the deck plan right here. Which deck sits right below the Galley? Which deck doesn't have anything fun? Every week, the deck is filled with underwear. Every Elegant night, the toilets explode.

Tgianco: You're talking about Riviera, sir.

Wizard: Of course I'm talking about Riviera, you TWERP!

What??????? Tell me where you'll be!

Well, OK then, I was just going to tell you stay away from the Rivera Deck, outside Stateroom aft port side, very noisy when docking. Our friends had this Stateroom and it was fine until the ship docked and we went to eight ports, so the ship docked eight times. We were on the Upper deck, balcony, starboard side, right over the California Roll, very quiet.

Uh! Oh! Rethinking this! :(

Do NOT book aft cabins 6456 or 6454, the music from the lounge area kept my parents up until at least after 1230-1 every night. They said the bass sound was horrible!!

We were on the lido deck in 9287 and 9289 and we loved this location, close to food and just down a few decks to the activities.

Yep, we stayed in 6456 NEVER< EVER< NEVER again!!

I don't know what is "BAD" but If you can somehow score a spa deck room for a similar price to a regular deck then ABSOLUTELY GO FOR IT. Even if you aren't interested in the spa (which is awesome, particularly the aromatherapy steam rooms and the thalasotherapy pool which you'll often have to yourself) the floor itself is small so no long hallways and there's very easy access to the Lido deck down some stairs at the end of each hallway.

We managed to get a spa balcony for the same price as a regular balcony and it was absolutely brilliant. Not sure how i'll go back to anything else.

I never noticed any noise from docking while I stayed on the Riviera deck. It probably depends on the ports too. It wouldn't matter if you're at a port where you tender, if you aren't on the porting side, and if you get up early on port days.

Uh! Oh! Rethinking this! :(

Roz, on the Mexican Rivera cruse, the Splendor only docks one time on the port side and that is in PV. In Cabo they are anchored in the bay and in Matazlan (sp) they dock on the starboard side.

Archived