Wildchina Travel Company

dino2067

Does anyone have any prior experience using Wildchina Travel Company based out of Beijing? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kathleen

Never heard of them. I did look at their website. I have to laugh at the "ecologically responsible" comment. China is an ecological DISASTER and no amount of hype will prevent the government and business people from continuing with the disaster. The new Ford plant in Chongqing produces cars that have 1970 US standard catalytic converters. They use soft coal to produce a large part of their electricity. And China had to shut down all factories within a 60KM radius of Beijing 2-3 weeks BEFORE the Olympics just to clear the air partially. I was born and raised in Los Angeles. Late 60's/early 70's LA air was CLEAN compared to current day China.

As I have posted so many times, be VERY careful booking with agencies in Asia. Capitalistic Asia is TRYING. They just haven't got it all together yet. Everyone with an internet connection who speaks some English is trying to start a tour/travel agency. Some are good, some are absolutely horrible and some have NO CLUE whether they are good or bad. They just know they are "in business". They often do not have any idea how to do business with Westerners.

WildChina Travel looks OK, but there is NO CTS (China Travel Service-government seal of approval) logo anyplace on their website. Chinese agencies are SUPPOSED to be affiliated with CTS. And the tours are way off the beaten path. Certainly not suitable for a couple day trip off a cruise ship but could be glorious for a two week land trip in China. I was impressed with their tours in Sichuan province, but they are about three times the price to Wolong Panda Reserve as what I paid 3 years ago. Their 7 day tour starts at over $2000pp and does not include airfare to/from Chengdu. I paid less than $800 for 4 days WITH air from Beijing to Chengdu, 2 nights in Wolong, one night in Chengdu at the Sheraton and return air to Shenzhen.

Archived