Tailor in Shanghai or Bangkok?

laughing husky

• 3 weeks later...

2 years ago my husband had a tux w/ extra white dinner jacket + tux shirts & cumberbund pkg, + 3 or 4 cotton shirts. I took a favorite silk blouse & had them copy it. We've been very satisfied with the quality. The service was outstanding - went to their shop for fabric selection, first fitting & then they came to the hotel the next night w/all the chalk markings & first cuts & then delivered the next morning (with another fitting) We were staying at the Shangri-La & they will send a car for you. I've heard stories about fitting one morning & delivery that night but I think that sounds a little rushed to get excellent quality. Bargaining is a blood sport. Here's the info: James Fashion International, (I guess "James Tailor" would have been a bit over the top) 439 Sukhothal Rd. Tel 02 668 2993 5. Have no fear about finding a tailor, however, they are there in profusion & you will be approached by friendly salesmen until you're sick of the word "tailor." Exercise patience & don't let them rush you into fabric decisions & bargain, bargain, bargain. Good luck.

Archived