E? Balcony on the Serenade --CABIN 8590

Need to know the following asap..

Does this cabin have any obstructions(lifeboats, railing)? Should I trade up for another cabin or category?

It appears to be on the hump.. Does that give me a larger balcony?

Any input would be much appreciated...

The room is an E2 and the balcony should be a standard size. As far as obstructions, you should have none. We are booked in a cabin on deck 9 above yours at the end of the month and there is nothing but water below the balconies. We were able to view the deck 9 hump rooms in December when we were onboard. Enjoy....

Serenade Alaska - 5/04
Serenade Southern - 12/03
Navigator Eastern - 4/03
Explorer Western - 4/02

Cabin 8590 is on the forward end of the hump. There are no obstructions, but you will not be able to see back towards the stern bcause the center hump balconies will be in your way. If this matters to you, I guess it could be considered an obstruction. The best hump balconies are 8594 and 8596, the center hump cabins. Hope this is not too confusing. I think you would be happy with 8590. Have a great cruise! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

As I said earlier in this post... if you're concerned about having the lifeboat covers protruding from the floor of your balcony AVOID E3 cabins... pay the extra $$ for E1 or E2 or if you want to try for an aft the D cabins are a bit larger too.
Carolyn

Sigh. So it sounds like cabin 7594 is not a clear view to the front of the boat to the back huh? Thanks April

Adventure of the Seas 4/11/04
<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=04>
<param name="day" value=11>
<param name="hour" value=22>
</applet>

cmjaffe is wrong in that E3 cabins on the hump do not have the obstruction.They look directly down to the ocean...Would include 7602, 7604, 7600, 7606, 7598, 7596

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Jewel of The Seas<BR

Sensation 3/99
Majesty of The Seas 12/03

Archived