With all this talk about the Prez's beer fest....

suse

I have several favorites, but none have been available on HAL.

I love a fresh draught Guiness, but they only have it in cans on board.

I also love Dusseldorf Alt Bier, but I have trouble finding that on land in the States, much less on a cruise ship.

One domestic US beer I enjoy is Yeungling Lager or Black & Tan. That isn't distributed very far from Pennsylvania, however, so still not available on HAL.

In the past I have gotten Grolsh on HAL ships. It's a good light (in body and color) lager that is decently hopped. I have also had an IPA on board but I can't remember the brewer.

I understand that they now have draft beer somewhere on the Eurodam, so I am looking forward to seeking it out and sampling the offerings in October.

I understand that they now have draft beer somewhere on the Eurodam.

Sorry K&R, but that went out with the cutbacks. Now they serve beer, but you have to sit in a draft.

Sorry K&R, but that went out with the cutbacks. Now they serve beer, but you have to sit in a draft.

Oh, do you suppose I can get a tray to carry my bottles of beer to the Lido? :D

I would settle for just about ANY dark beer. Unfortunately, HAL doesn't seem to offer:

Heineken Dark

Modelo Negro

Sam Adams

I'd also settle for any good ALE:

Bass Ale

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Anchor Steam

Newcastle Brown Ale

Please, please, put just a few bottles of any of these on the Zuiderdam by Thanksgiving. I promise I will buy them!

Oh, I forgot. Peroni when I'm out for Italian food and I'm not talking Olive Garden are you crazy. Stella Artois if they are out. Wine is ok but you know what? It's kind of sickening after a bit. Like, you feel all washed out and who wants that.

Well, ttyl.

love,

susie

I'd also settle for any good ALE:

Bass Ale

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Anchor Steam

Newcastle Brown Ale

Please, please, put just a few bottles of any of these on the Zuiderdam by Thanksgiving. I promise I will buy them!

I agree w/ your choice in ales - However when I'm aboard a HAL ship, I find the Grolsch most agreeable...

...Amazingly enough, it seems to aid in soothing a churning tummy after a long day at sea.

:)

Our favorite is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. However, we got through our tri-continent on the Rotterdam with Grolsch and quite enjoyed it, thank you very much.

Looking forward to the Alaska brews in a few weeks. The ones we have tried in the past have always been good.

I've never seen draft beers on HAL but then I haven't been on all the HAL ships. :(

Oh, I forgot. Peroni when I'm out for Italian food and I'm not talking Olive Garden are you crazy. Stella Artois if they are out. Wine is ok but you know what? It's kind of sickening after a bit. Like, you feel all washed out and who wants that.

Well, ttyl.

love,

susie

I had to go to Orlando this week and ended up at the Olive Garden. Italian food:confused: You're kidding me right? Breadsticks that have the consistency of a stale marshmallow. wilted "All You Can Eat" salad. They must have cleaned out a rabbit cage:eek: spaghetti:confused: I'd like to box all this "Food" up and bring it down to the North End of Boston and ask them if this is really Italian? I was given a beeper and waited 15 minutes to eat this slop:eek:

Getting back on topic, maybe if I had slammed a six pack it might have tasted better:p

Yeah, I went to Olive Garden years ago when it first opened. Never went back. Kind of like eating garbage.

I like Federal Hill in Providence for Italian. I'll be there tomorrow. Now that's Italian!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, do you think those guys at the beer fest had more than 3 sips of beer? Couldn't the leader of the Free World have provided something more tasty than pretzels and nuts? How about shrimp and stuff like that?

What gives?:confused:

Corona/Pacifico and they have that, but also Oranjeboom and they don't have that. I'm waiting to see what kind of beer they serve in the new 'Mix'. Maybe someone who was recently on Veendam can tell us

John,

JimVrhovac did a report a couple of months ago on Veendam's "Mix": http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=989375

On tap were Bass, Boddington's, Beck's and Stella Artois.

Dave

I have several favorites, but none have been available on HAL.

I love a fresh draught Guiness, but they only have it in cans on board.

I also love Dusseldorf Alt Bier, but I have trouble finding that on land in the States, much less on a cruise ship.

One domestic US beer I enjoy is Yeungling Lager or Black & Tan. That isn't distributed very far from Pennsylvania, however, so still not available on HAL.

In the past I have gotten Grolsh on HAL ships. It's a good light (in body and color) lager that is decently hopped. I have also had an IPA on board but I can't remember the brewer.

I understand that they now have draft beer somewhere on the Eurodam, so I am looking forward to seeking it out and sampling the offerings in October.

BTW, Yuengling has a bottling plant in Tampa with production greater than PA. It is distributed all over Florida. We took the tour last week very interesting and fun. Yuengling is a very good beer for the price.

Archived