Where's your next POSSIBLE cruise to?....

Roadtripster

I want to do either Alaska or the Western Medditeranean in 2011 for our 40th anniversary and my 60th birthday. My DH isn't interested in Alaska as much as I am,hopefully with the economy the way it is we can save up for something really nice.

This is what we are looking at. DH will be 60. Right now we don't have any cruises booked for 2010 either. :(I am having with draws.

anywhere.

i have only been on one cruise (western caribbean ) & i can not WAIT to book another. I would love to go to the Eastern or Southern Caribbean. Also, my mom has always wanted to visit Italy, while I have always wanted to visit Greece, so I am thinking we would love a mediterranean cruise. I also want to go to Oceania. But like I said, anywhere sounds good to me.

My dh and I want to book a Caribbean for summer 2010, hopefully something longer than 7 days. We got just a taste of the Caribbean in 2008 and really want to see more. We also are "planning" a Med cruise and my dh really wants to do a Panama Canal cruise.

Our plans are dependent upon my employment situation. I was laid off in March 2009 and am still unemployed. My dh keeps saying if I get a job, we will book the next cruise.

Good for you for saving for your anniversary cruise. I have secretly done that since I have been married and surprised my DH with our Mediterannean Cruise next year for our 25th anniversary. He couldn't believe I have saved for 25 years. We are doing a 12 day trip but will be gone for almost three weeks as we are going over early and visiting Paris, London and Rome before we sail.

Wow! You are doing it all! We did London and a transatlantic in late 2007 for our 25th. We just came home from doing a week in France with our daughter. We were in Bordeaux and Paris. But we have not been to Italy yet!

You are doing one trip that will take us 3 to accomplish!

Future cruises for us-we are doing a partial Panama Canal-we have not booked it yet-but either in November or January. Then in late 2010-early 2011, we will do a short cruise with our daughter over the school holidays-she teaches-so it is limited when she can go.

If this horrible economy does not do us in-we plan to do a 2 week Hawaii cruise-round trip LA in late 2012-early 2013, with a couple of nights in LA, staying at the Queen Mary. (our 30th) Right now it is feasible-but who knows-the way things are.

Italy, Austria, and Switzerland is one of those "bucket list" trips, along with a full Panama Canal transit.

Just booked a cruise for son's graduation present: Greek Isles & Mediterranean. We will likely fly to Paris for a few days first, then take the overnight train to Venice for another couple of nights, embark the cruise, and spend several nights post-cruise in Rome. It should cover most of my son's "want to see" spots for the moment!

Other cruises on my "wish list":

British Isles (during August for the Tattoo in Edinburgh)

TA with Iceland and Greenland

Med/Holy Land

Hawaii from California

There are so many I would LOVE to do, but at the moment can't consider.

I'm a uni student, so the cost severly restricts my plans! Pity being in Australia means there's not many I can do, I don't have enough money for both flights and a cruise! :P Looking at doing one at the end of next year for New Years though, I hope it happens!!

....Not counting the one(s) you have booked already, but the ones you are looking into. What destinations are catching your eye and a good possibility to book. When you do hope to sailway?

I am seriously looking into a Jan 2011 trip to the Antartica. The more I research it, the more excited I get.

Good thing they have a 1/2 off on birthday sailings! My bday is in January and one of the sailing dates!! Yipee.

It will be quite different sailing on a small vessel with about 100 (pax).

Will be strange too to pack for that type of weather. LOL

Where in the World do you seriously want to book next?

Our next cruise after our Panama Canal transit in January 2010 will be to the Southern Caribbean with ports to include the ABC islands. probably in Dec 2010

Just booked a cruise for son's graduation present: Greek Isles & Mediterranean. We will likely fly to Paris for a few days first, then take the overnight train to Venice for another couple of nights, embark the cruise, and spend several nights post-cruise in Rome. It should cover most of my son's "want to see" spots for the moment!

Other cruises on my "wish list":

British Isles (during August for the Tattoo in Edinburgh)

TA with Iceland and Greenland

Med/Holy Land

Hawaii from California

Your son is very fortunate!

Unless we book something last minute to the Bahamas, our next cruise we're wanting to take is an Alaskan cruise but I don't know when that'll be. After this next one in February, we want to start a family and save money for that.

I plan to finish my PhD in December, so I want to go somewhere with my bf as a graduation present. We usually sail RCCL, but nothing is jumping out at us and we don't want to do Oasis just yet...I just want to go somewhere warm!

As Buffet says "I Wanna go Where it's Warm"!

Because of our work schedules, we're never been able to do more than a 7 dayT.There are quite a few islands in the Carribean I'd like to revisit: Saint Martin and Aruba, for example. and several I have not yet been to: St Lucia, St. Croix, Antigua, to name a few- so a long Eastern/Southern Caribbean itenerary would be nice. Id also love to do the Mediterranean, but it will be a long time before we have the time or money for that.

Most likely, I will be booking a MX cruise on the Sapphire Princess for the Dec 12, 2009 sailing. My best friend and I are dying for a girl's trip, and since my mother lives in CA, I can foist my child off on her for a week.

I would really like to do a Med sailing on the Ruby Princess next summer, but my forth-coming child won't be old enough to sail at that time. At least DH won't have to grumble about having to fly back across the ocean to spend several weeks several hundred miles away from where he would have spent the better part of a year. ;)

My wish list of cruises though are:

14 day Alaska

South America

Baltic

Black Sea/Aegean

14 day RT Hawaii

Norway

the Princess cruise that stops at Svalbard

and a 30+ day cruise with my daughter when she's between 8-10 yrs old

We booked our next cruise for April/10, sailing out of Sydney, Australia to Honolulu on the Rhapsody of the Seas. Can't wait to sail through the South Pacific! We plan to leave at least one month earlier, to tour New Zealand and some of Australia. Never been to Hawaii, so plan to spend a few days there, before flying home. This will be definitely be our longest trip and we're still in the early planning stages. Planning is part of the excitement!

....Not counting the one(s) you have booked already, but the ones you are looking into. What destinations are catching your eye and a good possibility to book. When you do hope to sailway?

I am seriously looking into a Jan 2011 trip to the Antartica. The more I research it, the more excited I get.

Good thing they have a 1/2 off on birthday sailings! My bday is in January and one of the sailing dates!! Yipee.

It will be quite different sailing on a small vessel with about 100 (pax).

Will be strange too to pack for that type of weather. LOL

Where in the World do you seriously want to book next?

We hope to do Tahiti next year for a belated 25th wedding anniversary cruise. And one day I WILL do the Baltic.

This is a great question, I like seeing everyone's responses.

While I'm still working and living in Maryland, I'll probably stick with the Caribbean and the Canada/New Englad 7-day cruises to minimize travel time. After I retire, I want to see the world, cruise by cruise. First on the list is Australia/New Zealand.

Archived