Cruise deposit

lizboyle

We are cruising with friends next year on Oriana. Their jobs are now under threat and he will likely be paid off. Will P&O transfer their deposit to a cruise for the following year perhaps rather than them lose it altogether? I know when we were booked with RCCL and my daughter had to have surgery, they passed the deposit on to the following year and we were able to book for then.

. We are similar position. Our jobs are as safe as they can be these days. we are just not sure we should have such an expensive holiday as the recession bites more. We are booked on a cruise next may, I asked about downgrading cabin, not allowed, transfer to another cruise, has to be a cabin of the same grade as the one we have booked. If we want to move it will cost us £100. Haven't asked about transfering to 2011 yet. I would say they would allow your friends to tranfer but it woul cost. They have a hefty deposit from us so I don't wish to lose it totally. we would ofcourse lose the obs an free parking we have. one I asked the TA if pando knew there was a recession, she said not in cruising. I hope things get better for your friends.

We are in the same position: my husband is being made redundant from Lloyds Bank on 5th October, just as the balance for our Ventura Christmas/ New Year cruise is due to be paid.

Our travel insurance (through the Co-op Bank) will cover the deposit as it is an official redundancy.

Obviously we are hoping he will get another job and we will still be able to go, as we are in a family party of eight, but if not we will just have to cut our losses as we cannot justify spending £4,000 for the balance on a holiday (plus spending money) if he has no job to come back to.

Fingers crossed everyone!

Carol x

You would think the cruise companies would me more sympathetic and willing to pass your booking over to the following year, that way everyone should hopefullly win out of it. I do hope things get better for everyone.

Archived