Wine

Brame Family

Yes, you can bring wine onboard in your carry-on luggage. You can also sent it through with your luggage, but I would put it in a separate wine shipping box so it doesn't break.

Just saw the second part of your question, according to Princess' website their is no limit on the number of bottles. It use to be 1/pp per stateroom, but they did away with that, I would just have a copy of what it says on the website just incase the screeners try to go by the old rules.

Here is the link

http://www.princess.com/customer_care/contact/alcohol_onboard/index.html

If you bring your wine into the diningroom, you will be subject to a $15 corkage fee, I say subject to b/c it is not always charged.

Have a great cruise!:)

No need:) I don't mind answering (see above). Sometimes new posters do not know how to use the search thread yet though. Plus, the wine thing keeps changing all the time:eek:

That's why its so useful to educate them :). It's not difficult to do and if you don't tell them, they would never know, and there have been sooooooooooo many threads on this topic, I'm sure the OP would have soon found the answer they were looking for. Not flaming, just MHO

Am I allowed to bring wine on board the ship - going on a 10 Cruise on the Ruby Princess.

I hear some ships you cannot and some you can. If I can - how many per person?

Thanks!

Brame Family

Absolutely bring your wine. We did the Northbound trip on the Island in the middle of June Stopped at a BC Liquor store in Vancouver and bought 4 bottles of wine. We hand carried them right on with no problems whatsoever. Didn't even try to hide what they were. Princess is great for this aspect

Enjoy, KEnn

That's why its so useful to educate them :). It's not difficult to do and if you don't tell them, they would never know, and there have been sooooooooooo many threads on this topic, I'm sure the OP would have soon found the answer they were looking for. Not flaming, just MHO

But saying "Search thread" isn't exactly explaining that the capability is here or how to use it. Just MHO.

Ok, so will someone tell this newbee what "search thread" means, and how to do it......sorry for not knowing..:confused:

Hi

Go to near the top of the page where it says "search" - you can then type in keywords and all sorts of threads / posts will come up with that topic covered. The more specific you are, the more relevant the posts will be. You can also do advanced searches if you like (just click on advanced when the search facility comes up)

Hope this helps, we were all newbies once :)

Certainly don't want to cloud the issue, but I feel I will. While the Princess website addresses wine and champagne with no mention of a limit, the Cruise Answer Book does. On Page 18, under Alcohol Policy, and I quote, "You may bring wine or champagne onboard to celebrate special occasions(Limit - one bottle per person)"

The Cruise Answer Book, which the OP should receive a copy of shortly, obviously covers all Princess ships.

Certainly don't want to cloud the issue, but I feel I will. While the Princess website addresses wine and champagne with no mention of a limit, the Cruise Answer Book does. On Page 18, under Alcohol Policy, and I quote, "You may bring wine or champagne onboard to celebrate special occasions(Limit - one bottle per person)"

The Cruise Answer Book, which the OP should receive a copy of shortly, obviously covers all Princess ships.

And it does cloud the issue - but you don't have a contract with the "Answer Book." The binding contract does not have a limit in it. It's kind of like the "suggested dress code" - we can argue all we want. I'll be drinking wine while the argument goes on :-)

And it does cloud the issue - but you don't have a contract with the "Answer Book." The binding contract does not have a limit in it. It's kind of like the "suggested dress code" - we can argue all we want. I'll be drinking wine while the argument goes on :-)

No argument here, I sit corrected. Contract same wording as website. I guess now I'll be looking for a case of wine in Barcelona.

Thanks for the comeback.

Cheers.:D

What -- only one case? The current "bragging" right is 50 cases.

No argument here, I sit corrected. Contract same wording as website. I guess now I'll be looking for a case of wine in Barcelona.

Thanks for the comeback.

Cheers.:D

Am I allowed to bring wine on board the ship - going on a 10 Cruise on the Ruby Princess.

I hear some ships you cannot and some you can. If I can - how many per person?

Thanks!

Brame Family

Just take your wine.Carry it on and pack it!

I have brought wine with us on every cruise with Princess. We usually just pack it in our luggage and never had a breakage problem. If you do not want to pay the corkage fee and don't mind drinking the wine in places other then the dinning room, then don't forget a wine opener. BTW,we live in the Napa valley, so wine is a must for us.:o

Archived