Price of Adult Soda Cards

sherri.l

I know I've seen this question before on here but now can't seem to find it. We are sailing on the Valor in Feb. and just wondering about current prices for the soda cards and if they are worth buying or are the coupons that can be bought ahead of time better? Thanks for any info.

sherri.l

Soda coupons are good for 4 cans of soda.. already paid for including gratuity,

Soda card is 5.50 a day-- for 7 days. 38.50 plus add in 15% gratuity. $44.00 per person. (remember that a lot of those 7 days you will be in a port.)

Or you cn carry on your own 12 pack of desired brand.

from carnivals web site.= http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Fountain_Fun_Card.aspx

soda card for 2 people would cost us 88.00- I dont think we could drink enough soda in a month to warrant that amount.

And its only for a small glass of fountain soda- we dont even get a full can each time.

Cans of soda sell for 1.88 (this included the 15% gratuity. Im not sure but think a bottle of soda is 2.88 also including the 15% gratuity. Soda coupons sell 4 for 6 something and its for 4 cans of soda.

Bar coupons cost 19.95 for 4 coupons. If you drink the frozen foo foo drinks it worth it. (not for the drink of the day..except- if you buy the soverneir cup (sold seperatly) and get that refilled. If you drink beer or common mixed drinks you lose money. High end drinks like certain martinis are not covered.

Here is a bar menu of pricng on carnival. http://community.webshots.com/album/37944457xihAnV

do not look at the coupons to save you a huge amount of money- they dont. What they do do is save your sign and sail bill since those drinks are already paid for. You can not buy these coupons onboard. You can only buy them through carnival before 7 days before your cruise.

Just got off the Valor and the card was 44.00 for adults

The ship is awesome.

I will post a review soon.

Greg

Greg,

Is that pp? Is that a 7 day cruise? If so I can't believe anybody would pay that price for a 7 day cruise, pp.

Just on Princess last July and the soda card was only $20.pp for a 7 day cruise.

Bill

Just got off the Valor today. I will post a review later - time for sleep. We were shocked that the soda card was $44 pp (I thought my DH misunderstood the bartender) so we opted to buy one soda card for one of our kids for $23. We all took turns using it with no problem. Cheap? Yes. Tacky? Maybe - but we figured they had gouged us for plenty already. Also, be aware that as soon as you get aboard you will find $70 per person has been charged to your account for tips. You can raise or lower the amount accordingly on the last morning before 9:00 am.

p.s. Buy your Bacardi in Nassau or on board ( about $9) and mix your own Rum and Cokes:)

Julie

Archived