Panama cruise lectures

uppitycats

Does anyone know if NCL has anyone aboard their ships that offer lectures about the Panama Canal, when on the full transit cruises? I know that other lines have folks come on board and lecture about the history of the canal, the geography, the politics, etc...

but don't know about NCL.

I'm working on booking a cruise in early 2011..yeah, I know, it's way far away..but finding this out might help me narrow my focus.. :)

Does anyone know if NCL has anyone aboard their ships that offer lectures about the Panama Canal, when on the full transit cruises? I know that other lines have folks come on board and lecture about the history of the canal, the geography, the politics, etc...

but don't know about NCL.

I'm working on booking a cruise in early 2011..yeah, I know, it's way far away..but finding this out might help me narrow my focus.. :)

Yes,

They did in Sept 2008. They had 3 parts starting a week or so before the Canal transit. They were a husband and wife team, Claire & Rheal Perron, they were very good.

It was called Destination Lecture:

"Panama Canal I the French Effort"

"Panama Canal II the America Succes

"Panama Canal III the Future"

They also had a narrator thru out the transit.

We are also working on planning our 2nd Panama cruise in 2014 when the new locks are due to open.

Here's some info: www.pancanal.com they have webcams at the locks just follow the links.

Any other questions let us know here and some one will be able to help.

Yes,

They did in Sept 2008. They had 3 parts starting a week or so before the Canal transit. They were a husband and wife team, Claire & Rheal Perron, they were very good.

It was called Destination Lecture:

"Panama Canal I the French Effort"

"Panama Canal II the America Succes

"Panama Canal III the Future"

They also had a narrator thru out the transit.

We are also working on planning our 2nd Panama cruise in 2014 when the new locks are due to open.

Here's some info: www.pancanal.com they have webcams at the locks just follow the links.

Any other questions let us know here and some one will be able to help.

Thanks! That's a great link. I've always been fascinated by the Panama Canal; my husband not so much....but he's indulging me.. :)

Read a book about the history of the Panama Canal, there are several available at your library. You are correct, the history of the Panama Canal is very interesting, especially for those who wish to see the canal. Its full of political intrigue, overcoming diseases, public health issues, huge engineering projects, building infrastructure, advanced technology of that time, and major labor endeavours. Its much much more than digging a ditch, although much of the work required digging....

Frankly, most novels don't match the real history of the Panama Canal..... To think the engineer John Stevens who found Marias Pass for the Great Northern Railroad, advanced the dam and lock concept....

My favorite book is The Path Between the Seas.....

Archived