Best place to eat in St George?

sunryz710

There are four main restaurants on the water in St George's town - from west to east - Tavern by the Sea, Carriage House, Cafe Gio, and the White Horse. They are all fine - I personally prefer the more bistro-like atmosphere of Cafe Gio; Carriage House is a touch more up market and the others are pub-type.

But, if you want something off the beaten track - go over the hill to Tobacco Bay, carry on along the road to St Catherine's beach, then look to your left for Blackbeards. I highly recommend it, especially for lunch, and the view over Achilles Bay is stunning. You can combine a beach day and a good lunch here. And a dark 'n stormy - much better than a rum swizzle.

Thank you!! Question, when you walk over to Tobacco Bay and you need to go to the right to go towards Tobacco Bay, where do you go for Catherines Beach, Blackbeards? If I remember correctly, if you walk past Tobacco Bay it ends.. there is a pier or something..

Do you go left instead?

Thank you!! Question, when you walk over to Tobacco Bay and you need to go to the right to go towards Tobacco Bay, where do you go for Catherines Beach, Blackbeards? If I remember correctly, if you walk past Tobacco Bay it ends.. there is a pier or something..

Do you go left instead?

No, you want to turn to the right...there's a road before you get to Tobacco Bay. Sorry I don't recall the name or a landmark...but it will take you to St. Catherine's.

Do you go left instead?

Follow the road over to Tobacco Bay then keep going with Tobacco Bay on your left - go past the houses and over the back side of the golf course - this will bring you to St Catherine's beach - turn left as though going to Fort St Catherine and just as you get to the driveway leading up to the Fort, veer a fraction left and you are on the path to Blackbeards and Achilles Bay. You really can't miss it - if you can see Fort St Catherine, Blackbeards is immediately to the west of it - in fact, it's the only other building anywhere near the Fort - there's beach to the south and ocean to the east and north!

Follow the road over to Tobacco Bay then keep going with Tobacco Bay on your left - go past the houses and over the back side of the golf course - this will bring you to St Catherine's beach - turn left as though going to Fort St Catherine and just as you get to the driveway leading up to the Fort, veer a fraction left and you are on the path to Blackbeards and Achilles Bay. You really can't miss it - if you can see Fort St Catherine, Blackbeards is immediately to the west of it - in fact, it's the only other building anywhere near the Fort - there's beach to the south and ocean to the east and north!

Can we bring our teenagers 15 and 16 and possibly my neice 11 to Blackbeard's for lunch? Or is it like a pub where they do not want anyone under the age of 18?

Can we bring our teenagers 15 and 16 and possibly my neice 11 to Blackbeard's for lunch? Or is it like a pub where they do not want anyone under the age of 18?

It's a restaurant so there shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure I've seen youngsters there.

There is an indoor room in back, but most of it is a covered verandah so it's a very 'outdoors' feel.

I'm sorry if this is too late, but I just thought I'd better check so I called them - Blackbeards is closed on Mondays; open for lunch and dinner Tues - Sun. Lunch is till 3pm. Bar is open all afternoon.

Thank you for all the info. :) We are definately going to try to get to Blackbeards for lunch.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived