Port Canaveral Radisson

rjan67

We are not cruising until March 2010 but do you think it is to early to book a room and parking? Does anyone know if you have to pay now or do they hold payment until you stay? Anyone used the shuttle from the hotel to the port?

Thanks!

I have stayed at the Radisson, Port Canaveral 3 times pre-cruise with no complaints. It's been great!! The rooms have always been clean and breakfast was included for two ppl. We park our car in a special holding lot and they shuttle us to the port with a pickup and return shuttle post cruise...all of this in the past has been included with the price of the room. There is a special park and cruise package to ask for when you make reservations. I always made my resevations several months ahead and yes, I'm sure there was a deposit for the room held by my credit card. I'm sailing out of Miami in December and wish I that could find this park and cruise package with shuttle to and from port. :( Have a wonderful cruise!

We are not cruising until March 2010 but do you think it is to early to book a room and parking? Does anyone know if you have to pay now or do they hold payment until you stay? Anyone used the shuttle from the hotel to the port?

Thanks!

We always stay there and no, it's not too early to book your room, they go fast. Last time we were there everything was incuded and satisfactory. Also it is a destination in itself, stay a few extra days if you can. It is a beautiful resort. By the way, we used shuttle both ways and it was fine. Check out my pics on the Glory in my sig. Happy Crusing! :)

Luv's Crusin'

Thanks!

We always stay there and no it's not too early to book your room, they go fast. Last time we were there everything was incuded and satisfactory. Also it is a destination in itself, stay a few extra days if you can. It is a beautiful resort. By the way, we used shuttle both ways and it was fine. Check out my pics on the Glory in my sig.Happy Crusing!

Luv's Crusin'

I just stayed there for my July 13th cruise. Im glad I chose the Radisson it was clean and I liked the pool area. I had the breakfast buffet which was o.k. Next time I stay there I will order from the breakfast menu instead of getting the buffet. They did charge my credit card when I made the reservation. I took the shuttle which worked out great. Make your reservation for the shuttle early so you can get the 11:30 am time frame. The driver got there early and anyone that was down in the lobby waiting for the 11:30 shuttle left earlier then 11:30.

Is there anything within walking distance from the Radisson? Food and/or stores?

Not too much, it is very near the port. Matter of fact, you can see the ships coming and going. We always have a car, so haven't paid too much attention. I know there is a place that that has GREAT hamburgers, can't remember the name, maybe some OP will. I do remember that it's a man's name, maybe Gregory's? :confused:

Sorry about the double posts? I must have hit the button twice. :o

I'm glad you enjoyed my pics. You will love the Glory! :D

Luv's Crusin'

I know there is a place that that has GREAT hamburgers' date=' can't remember the name, maybe some OP will. I do remember that it's a man's name, maybe Gregory's? :confused:

Luv's Crusin'[/quote']

do you mean Zachary's? The Greek Restaurant? Maybe the burgers are great but it sure gets mixed reviews for the greek food. Fast food spots around as well. Also Kelsey's Pizza is very close to the Raddisson, Ressaince and Country Suites. Better spots with views are up by the barge canal, Fishlips, the Grille, Millikens. Not that far away, under a mile. Could be a nice walk depending upon the weather.

do you mean Zachary's? The Greek Restaurant? Maybe the burgers are great but it sure gets mixed reviews for the greek food. Fast food spots around as well. Also Kelsey's Pizza is very close to the Raddisson, Ressaince and Country Suites. Better spots with views are up by the barge canal, Fishlips, the Grille, Millikens. Not that far away, under a mile. Could be a nice walk depending upon the weather.

There is NO WAY anyone can take the chance to walk to the Cove. There are no sidewalks and it is against very very heavy traffic. Please take a cab etc over and do not even think about dodging so much traffic, walking on the side of the road on the grass and who knows what else - in other words TOO TOO DANGEROUS.

Just my own thoughts and input :-))

Zackery has great food and is a mom & pop owned place - Dena and Zack have had Zackery's for a very long time. Kelsey's had great pizzas and next to them is Subway Sandwiches if you don't want to go to far from where you are staying.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know if that RaceTrac near by is walking distance from the Radisson?

Walk out of the Radisson toward the North and less than one small block, you are there - YES,

you can almost reach out and touch it from the Radisson and they have lots of goodies there and a great staff to work with.

PS Preston works almost across the street from there :-))

Walk out of the Radisson toward the North and less than one small block, you are there - YES,

you can almost reach out and touch it from the Radisson and they have lots of goodies there and a great staff to work with.

PS Preston works almost across the street from there :-))

Thanks for the info!

Archived