single and doing a tour with a vendor in port

dustyroad

hi all. i will be going solo and want to book a tour when i get off the ship. is it easy to find good , reliable vendors for me too look for and use.?? going with a group is fine but i want to avoid the cost and packed in feeling with a ship tour ( i will be on the carnival fantasy ). i have read about autoprogresso tours but dont see where to find them . i would like to go see a ruins and get something authentic to eat. i will be there for 8 hrs but dont want to make it a all day tour and wear myself out. any ideas or tips will be greatly appriciated. thanks so much. and yes, i will be doing more research here on the site for any ideas. ;)

I don't do tours. Don't like the herd mentality. I'm a traveler rather than a tourist. You can hire a taxi at the port to take you to DZ and they will wait for you. Reasonable. If you would decide to visit the beautiful spanish colonial city of Merida, the bus service from Progreso to Merida is a whopping $3.00 US round trip.

I don't do tours. Don't like the herd mentality. I'm a traveler rather than a tourist. You can hire a taxi at the port to take you to DZ and they will wait for you. Reasonable. If you would decide to visit the beautiful spanish colonial city of Merida, the bus service from Progreso to Merida is a whopping $3.00 US round trip.

the taxi and bus too merida sound exacly like i want. thanks for the tip:D

i better bone up on a couple spanish words. dont know any and i will probably need to know a few :confused:

Dusty. I don't speak any spanish. After two port calls sailing Celebrity I've now been back to the area for three 2 wk vacations and have had no real language problems. And sometimes Ive been there traveling solo.

Dusty. I don't speak any spanish. After two port calls sailing Celebrity I've now been back to the area for three 2 wk vacations and have had no real language problems. And sometimes Ive been there traveling solo.

im glad to know that. i dont intend to go too deep into the area but i didnt know if i needed to know a few words. i guess '' corona, bathroom and gracious '' will get me by. thanks for the help. and i will do the taxi and bus trip. a pretty easy and casual day for me is just what i want. :)

Here is enough spanish to get you through.

Hola- Hello.

Como esta?: How are you?

Cuantos cuesta?: How much does it cost?

Donde es el bano?: Where is the bathroom?

Mas cervesa por favor: More beer please.

Estoy muy barracho y quiero mortar: I am very drunk and I want to die.:D

These phrases can come in very handy and I bet that you can use several of them on any given vacation day.;) In fact you can use all of them in one place if you stay there long enough.

Here is enough spanish to get you through.

Hola- Hello.

Como esta?: How are you?

Cuantos cuesta?: How much does it cost?

Donde es el bano?: Where is the bathroom?

Mas cervesa por favor: More beer please.

Estoy muy barracho y quiero mortar: I am very drunk and I want to die.:D

These phrases can come in very handy and I bet that you can use several of them on any given vacation day.;) In fact you can use all of them in one place if you stay there long enough.

:D:D:D too funny, but might be true ;). thanks so much. i will practice them and be prepared.

Archived