Early Saver....Less liklihood of price drops for Cat.8G ?

Ykgorbie

We just booked our 3rd cruise, this time Eastern Caribbean on the Freedom in Oct. of 2010. We booked directly through a PVP at Carnival and chose the Early Saver Rate. We got an aft cabin on the Empress Deck (#7444) for $ 2128.00 including taxes. I think I understand the rules of the Early Saver - if we see a lower rate for the same category/cabin, we can fill out a form, blah, blah. My question is - since there are so few aft balcony cabins, are the chances slim to none of a lower price coming up ?? Has anybody ever got a price reduction after booking an aft cabin ?

Thanks ! Appreciate all of your replies !

We just booked our 3rd cruise, this time Eastern Caribbean on the Freedom in Oct. of 2010. We booked directly through a PVP at Carnival and chose the Early Saver Rate. We got an aft cabin on the Empress Deck (#7444) for $ 2128.00 including taxes. I think I understand the rules of the Early Saver - if we see a lower rate for the same category/cabin, we can fill out a form, blah, blah. My question is - since there are so few aft balcony cabins, are the chances slim to none of a lower price coming up ?? Has anybody ever got a price reduction after booking an aft cabin ?

Thanks ! Appreciate all of your replies !

Yes we did back in 2006.. but you never know keep checking your prices daily.. you may or may not luck in.. ;)

I think it was 3 or 4 times for my Valor cruise last month. Started out at $1249pp and ended up at $869. I watched it daily though. Most of the big price breaks came during a sale with free upgrades so keep your eyes open for those!

Good Luck!

Aloha,

Kat

We booked a 9A on the Dream for 2/13/10 before Early Saver was in existence and the 9A's were sold out before ES. Our friends booked an 8G in March for the same sailing. It's a moot point for both of us since those categories have been sold out for some time and I don't think it will change. Of course there is a chance after final payment but I'm not holding my breath.

My ES 8G went from 759 to 789 which included $100pp cash back OBC. So I paid $30 and got back $100.

Because there are so few 8G's, I'm almost convinced my deal was a fluke/oversight. Now the upgrade is only to a 8F with the OBC.

As mentioned, the key is to watch them regularly.

My 8G has only increased in price since I booked in March - no need to check any longer though as that category is now sold out for my sailing. But I'm still happy with the deal I got :):)

Miriam

Good luck though - it would be nice if you did get some $$ back!

for November we booked a obstructed view balcony, good price 1667 total for 3 people. I check weekly. the cost now is 1787 + tax. so about 1961 give or take. So I am pleased with my rate, I can only hope it goes down for an OBC, but if I don't no big deal. I got an excellent rate for a balcony. paid 2200 for my first balcony for 3 ppl.

My ES 8G went from 759 to 789 which included $100pp cash back OBC. So I paid $30 and got back $100.

Because there are so few 8G's, I'm almost convinced my deal was a fluke/oversight. Now the upgrade is only to a 8F with the OBC.

As mentioned, the key is to watch them regularly.

I just booked the Liberty (Feb 27) with Cruise.com. Carnival is telling them that OBC is not combinable with the Early Saver program.

Promotion valid on:

This promotion is valid on new bookings only. Onboard Credits are not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. The "cabin rate" is the total of the cruise fare, port charges and government fees for passengers 1 & 2 in the cabin only. Fuel surcharges, hotel, transfers, airfare, insurance and other fare items are excluded. This offer is subject to change without notice.

Who did you book with and are you positive that you are getting the OBC?

Cruise.com said they would get back to me on Monday after a supervisor talks to their advertising department.

Who did you book with and are you positive that you are getting the OBC?

Cruise.com said they would get back to me on Monday after a supervisor talks to their advertising department.

Booked with PVP. I talked to PVP and Carnival, they confirmed the deal. I then filled out the form and within 24 hours had a $200 OBC (and a $60 charge to my CC). My Booking Details shows a $200 "Promotional Onboard Crdt".

I was expecting a lot of double talk, but they both said, "If you find a better deal..."

Booked with PVP. I talked to PVP and Carnival, they confirmed the deal. I then filled out the form and within 24 hours had a $200 OBC (and a $60 charge to my CC). My Booking Details shows a $200 "Promotional Onboard Crdt".

I was expecting a lot of double talk, but they both said, "If you find a better deal..."

Thanks for the reply. Was the new rate ($789) that was combined with the cash back offer, a standard rate or early saver rate. If it was a standard rate that might make sense. If the new rate was still an early saver rate or past guest rate then I am getting screwed. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. Was the new rate ($789) that was combined with the cash back offer, a standard rate or early saver rate. quote]

It was a "four day sale" two or three weeks ago, it popped up any category 8 upgraded free to 8G plus the $100pp OBC.

I called my PVP first and he confirmed eligibility. Sent an e-mail to Carnival, they confirmed eligibility, and someone who approves the form, well, they approved it. I then called Carnival to provide CC info, so that was four contacts.

Archived