Music in Disco??

shoegal84

It's usually Top 40 stuff, lots of hip hop, often hardcore dance music later at night.

The scene there varies wildly from cruise to cruise and is almost entirely dependent on the people who are on the specific voyage. I've been on cruises where it was packed every night and others where it was empty every night. The DJ will have a little bit to do with it. If people like the DJ it will tend to be a little more crowded than it otherwise would be. Quality of DJ varies wildly.

I love to dance as well so we usually try to spend a lot of time in the disco. As others have said, the crowds depend a lot on the DJ and the type of music being played. There is typcially one "flashback" night where they play mostly 70's & 80's music for several hours. This is a blast and usually pretty crowded. Some DJ's are great about taking requests...others act like they don't have the song you are requesting (even if its already been played on another night) or they just ignore you. The nights that I can't stand is when it's nothing but hard core rap/hip-hop. Don't get me wrong...I like a little hip hop thrown in...but this is the pretty hard core stuff that I am talking about. Nights like this, the dance floor tends to be empty. A great DJ, will mix it up to please everyone. And when they see something that gets people on the dance floor they will keep with it. I have noticed though, that Carnival seems to be doing a better job of keeping their music catalog more current. In Feb, we were dancing along to new Britney, Lady Gaga and other really current stuff.

Misty

The last Carnival cruise we took the dance floor was empty, so we started to request songs and we bought the DJ a few drinks and we had a blast after that. I like it when they throw in some of the old stuff, that's what seems to get the crowd up and then they will dance to anything.

Archived