Unidentified stuctures by Beach Pool

I thought the whole gimmick of the beach pool was that it would have one side that was a hill so that you could walk right in. The construction picture looks like a standard four vertical walled pool. Is the "Beach" really just a different colored deck and new chairs?

I thought the whole gimmick of the beach pool was that it would have one side that was a hill so that you could walk right in. The construction picture looks like a standard four vertical walled pool. Is the "Beach" really just a different colored deck and new chairs?

I think it will be....it doesn't have the same "border" around it as the other pool....:cool:

I remember hearing it was supposed to be a zero entry pool also.....sure doesn't look that way to me either......unless that entire shaded area with the beach chairs is going to fill with water to make it a kind of splash zone.....still wouldn't make it zero entry pool though.

The deep part of the pool will not be zero entry, as you can see from the photo. There is supposed to be sloped splash area leading to the pool. Basically the same as the other pools that have about a 6 inch splash area surrounding them, but on the Beach Pool the foot high rim that holds the splash area should be gone in instead the slope holds the water. So you are not stepping over a ledge to get into the splash area.

I don't know if that makes any sense? It's hard to describe.

Ernie

The deep part of the pool will not be zero entry, as you can see from the photo. There is supposed to be sloped splash area leading to the pool. Basically the same as the other pools that have about a 6 inch splash area surrounding them, but on the Beach Pool the foot high rim that holds the splash area should be gone in instead the slope holds the water. So you are not stepping over a ledge to get into the splash area.

I don't know if that makes any sense? It's hard to describe.

Ernie

OK....yep....I get it;)looks to be a good number of sloping/tiered sections by the pools.

beachpool_final.jpg

Is it just me or is anyone else scared by this picture? They have three little kids (1 standing next to it, 2 being held in it) near a huge drop. What is keeping a kid from running from his parents chair to go splash in the water and suddenly the floor drops out on them. You can clearly see in that picture that it is indeed a small slope area instead of a lip and then there is a vertical drop to the deep section. That seems like it could cause some liability issues.

Is it just me or is anyone else scared by this picture? They have three little kids (1 standing next to it, 2 being held in it) near a huge drop. What is keeping a kid from running from his parents chair to go splash in the water and suddenly the floor drops out on them. You can clearly see in that picture that it is indeed a small slope area instead of a lip and then there is a vertical drop to the deep section. That seems like it could cause some liability issues.

I think the picture is a bit deceiving. It will be a very gentle slope and the deep part of the pool will be very visible, just as it is with all of Royal Caribbean's other pools that have a splash area around them. I don't think it's been a problem with any other of RCI's pools so I don't think this one will be either.

Ernie

I have a question, has anyone been on a cruise that the water in the pool is sloshing back and forth so much it throws waves out of the pool. On last years Ruby Cruise we were on, you didn't feel the boat rocking but the pool was sloshing so bad the waves came up and drenched the pool bar guests. What happens if it does that on this boat. Water in Central Park area?:D

I have a question, has anyone been on a cruise that the water in the pool is sloshing back and forth so much it throws waves out of the pool. On last years Ruby Cruise we were on, you didn't feel the boat rocking but the pool was sloshing so bad the waves came up and drenched the pool bar guests. What happens if it does that on this boat. Water in Central Park area?:D

It can slosh side to side but usually it is front to back. The water on the deck would then be stopped from flowing down on to central park by a wall.

Ok, Now that's just plain stupid. That idiot needs some big punishment. Maybe, himself off the ship? How many ways can you think how to do it? Don't want to be on a ship like this during Spring Break.

Agreed. They should be banned from the cruise line in my opinion.

When seeing the pool crash back and forth like that you can't help but watch. Kids are in the pool and I'm concerned. I don't have any kids but I keep my eyes open. They are hanging on to the sides and all I can think of is they are going to bust their teeth out, (Sorry, Dental Assistant.) Low and behold a wave comes and lifts the kid out of the pool and he's standing up! My DH & I looked at each other and went WEAR IS THE CAMERA!

Archived