Kids that arent potty-trained- What to do, moms ?

SAILORBOYS

Im kinda bummed that my little rugrat isnt potty trained :mad:

With his siblings going in the pools, water park, what will he be able to do ?

What have you done with the one that wasnt potty trained (but close to it and old enough to understand).

What ship are you sailing on? Would it be possible to move to a RCI (Liberty, Freedom, Oasis) or a Disney ship that has areas for non-potty trained kids? If not, some bring little blow up pools for their kids. But, if you little ones sees his siblings in the big pool, he might want to be there too.

Im kinda bummed that my little rugrat isnt potty trained :mad:

With his siblings going in the pools, water park, what will he be able to do ?

What have you done with the one that wasnt potty trained (but close to it and old enough to understand).

You didnt say how old your 'rugrat' is, but you said he is old enough to understand....

This is how I got my stubborn daughter (who was over 4 and close to 4 and 1/2) potty trained. I brought her to a preschool and showed her around. She really wanted to go but then the teacher said "oh Im sorry, no diapers allowed". She went home, took off the diaper and never wore one again.

Perhaps you can try the same logic? Give a trial run to a water park or pool. Shucks, he cant go in with a diaper on...he's gotta be potty trained.

Just sharing what worked with me after everything else failing. I know you didnt ask for potty training advise and this isnt the parenting board so I hope you dont mind.

The only thing you can do is take the suggestion above and try and get him potty trained now, but this just won't work for some kids. He won't be able to use the pools, etc., but you can bring a blow up pool. Good luck with this one!

If he really is old enough to understand then you confront him with the issue now, by putting the choice in front of him. Either learn to use the potty or miss out on certain types of fun. Don't wait until your cruise to do it.

Not using the pool may not even be a big deal to your dc. My 2.5yo was happy as long as he could spash his feet in the pool.

Keep working on it. In the meantime, bring a blow-up pool if all else fails. Keep mentioning that his brothers will be allowed to swim but he wont, maybe it will be incentive enough. Also to finally train my DD we had to take her completely out of pull-ups, she was too dependant on them. She knew she could go in them like diapers and it would be absorbed. Once we decided it was big girl underwear only and we would just deal with accidents, she was completely trained in 2 weeks!! A few accidents later and she was done. Just bring changes of clothes with you and if you will be going out for a while, put underwear on first and then pull-up over underwear.

Archived