What am I forgetting...

ecooper05

I have a corkscrew with the foil cutter on the edge of the lever part and used to keep it in my carry-on. But the security people would always pull me out so they could see it so I pulled it out and put in the checked bags.

Hmm - so there's no limit on the size of the bottle? Why not just take a box? Some of the stuff is actually drinkable.

I wonder if they'd notice those jigger-sized bottles in the checked bags?

j

I have a corkscrew with the foil cutter on the edge of the lever part and used to keep it in my carry-on. But the security people would always pull me out so they could see it so I pulled it out and put in the checked bags.

How do you pull that off when your checked bags are on the way down the conveyor belt way before you go thru security?

How do you pull that off when your checked bags are on the way down the conveyor belt way before you go thru security?

Sorry - wasn't clear. I permanently moved the corkscrew from the the carry-on to the bag I check.

We won't talk about the time I jumped on the moving conveyor in the luggage pick-up area. :eek:

J

Hi Liz,

If you or anybody else here will be on Infinity out of Seattle Aug. 7th, I'll probably have all of your first aid and other supplies with me! I'm a nurse who goes on lots of school field trips, so I come prepared. I have Immodium, Exlax, Rolaids, Benadryl, c

Claritin, bandaids, corn pads, dDamamine,fingernail supplies, cotton swabs,yeast medicine, triple antibiotic, ace bandage..and the list goes on and on. I'd rather leave some clothing behind to make room for the supplies. Can't count the number of times we've needed one of the above (even in Hawaii) and had to pay a small fortune to buy something. I know that Alaska is civilized, but I hate over paying just because I need it and they have it. That's just me.

Looks like you have everything covered...but alas I won't be there with you!:(

Have a GREAT trip!

Thanks everyone for your input. My list keeps getting longer and longer!

Now I'm not sure what to pack for Alaska...since it seems to be in an unusual weather pattern. Not to worry...layering is the way to go!

I promise to wear my smile daily and keep my protection on! :D

Thanks again

Liz

Is there a web site that actually compiles all of these wonderful suggestions? A while ago, I thought I read something like this? I know I could go through all responses, but if there is a list already......

Because we travel a lot now that we are mostly retired, we have found that one of the ways to really reduce the stress of travel and not forget things is to leave most of our stuff (except for clothes) already packed in our suitcases. Over the years, we have shopped at sales to buy duplicates of practically everything, such as a hair dryer, razor, makeup, first-aid kit, sunscreen, corkscrew, batteries, multiple-plug outlet, binoculars etc., and we leave them in various pouches in one of our suitcases.

We have thought long and hard about what we feel we need to take on a cruise, and those things always stay packed. When we are on on cruise, we simply note on a piece of paper that we stick in our suitcase what we need, such as shampoo, to replenish before the next cruise. In another suitcase, we also leave such things as tux shoes, bow ties, fancy high heels and evening bags because we almost never use them except on a cruise. All we have to do before each trip is replenish a few supplies and pack our clothes. It makes travel a lot easier for us.

lol - well I am meeting up with you on the CC party so I will know who to go to if I forget any of that!! :) you did just remind me to grab a few bandaids for blisters...I rarely wear high heels so I'm sure I'm going to sport a few!

Hi Liz,

If you or anybody else here will be on Infinity out of Seattle Aug. 7th, I'll probably have all of your first aid and other supplies with me! I'm a nurse who goes on lots of school field trips, so I come prepared. I have Immodium, Exlax, Rolaids, Benadryl, c

Claritin, bandaids, corn pads, dDamamine,fingernail supplies, cotton swabs,yeast medicine, triple antibiotic, ace bandage..and the list goes on and on. I'd rather leave some clothing behind to make room for the supplies. Can't count the number of times we've needed one of the above (even in Hawaii) and had to pay a small fortune to buy something. I know that Alaska is civilized, but I hate over paying just because I need it and they have it. That's just me.

lol - well I am meeting up with you on the CC party so I will know who to go to if I forget any of that!! :) you did just remind me to grab a few bandaids for blisters...I rarely wear high heels so I'm sure I'm going to sport a few!

WHEW! Suitcases came in UNDER weight! Room for souvenirs. I once "saved" a lady in line at the airport in Honolulu. She had a terrible blister on her heel and I just happened to have some padded "corn" pads (for want of a better description). Well, we have a little over an hour before we leave the house in the capable hands of the neighbors and their Doberman, Manny. He thinks he lives here as well as at his house right next door. DH wants to get up at the last minute, so he has 15 more minutes of dreamland. See you all in Seattle! We'll be at Hotel 1000. We're Joyce and Gordon. (I'll be the one screaming at the top of the Space Needle).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived