anyone with info on rome-airport-shuttle.it

hanksmom

looking at transport from civitavecchia to FCO post cruise. WWW.rome-airport-shuttle.it has really great prices. Anyone know if they are reliable.? Also what is meant be "one hour window waiting time?" Also if my plane leaves at noon what time should I have them pick us up at the port? I was thinking 7:30am. Can I expect to be off the ship by then?

I don't know much about the different transportation services in Rome. But catching a flight at noon will be cutting it close. You will have to check with the cruise ship to see what is the earliest you can get off the ship. Also, it's about a 1.5 - 2 hour drive from port to the airport. Plus the 2 hours you will need to get through security & check in at the airport. It may take longer than 2 hours - especially if there are other ships disembarking and people getting to the airport.

I know when we went to the Caribbean and disembarked in San Juan - we were standing in line for about 90 minutes just to check in and only to find out that we (and a WHOLE bunch of other people) were in the wrong line. Had to wait another 45 minutes (this was before we had to go through security) - Then because of the time - we (and the other people on our flight) were told to skip ahead of everyone, check in and get to security. Waited another 30 minutes to get through. By the time we got to our area to board the plane, we only had to wait about 45 minutes before boarding.

I can only imagine what the security is like on international flights.

I'm not familiar with this particular company, have you searched it on TripAdvisor?

As for timing, noon is generally easily do-able from Civitavecchia. It's usually under 90 minutes to the airport, and several cruise lines will allow 10A flights with their transfers. I have an 11:30 flight and am being picked up at the port at 8A and feel very comfortable with that. But I also rely on the service I'm using to tell me what time they need to pick me up in order to be at the airport in time - they're the expert.

we used rome shuttle in May. they were on time with both transports. very comfortable vehicles but in both cases the driver spoke limited english. but we had no problems, they had a print out of where were were going and i would use them again. Did everything on the internet. At the port they were holding a sign with our name on it. check to see what time your ship arrives. We were at naples the day before and docked in the middle of the night.

Archived