Just back from the Sky...July 27-31

dustpan

This was my and DH first cruise so we didnt really know what to expect and didnt have anything to compare it to. We had an absolute blast!! By the second day we were already trying to decide where we wanted to go if we ever got to cruise again. Getting on the ship was a breeze and way easier than I expected it to be. Im not sure why I thought it would be a hassle, guess it was because I have never been through anything like that. When we first got on the ship we set up our onboard account with cash, then headed for the pool deck to have a look around. We both ordered Miami Vice drinks. Let me tell ya those drinks were to die for, we had a half dozen more before the cruise ended. The buffet lines were easy to get through, the only time I had to wait longer than a couple of minutes to get through the line was during breakfast when everyone was waiting for omletts. Other than that, it was smooth going from one station to the next. We didnt try any of the specialty ones but did eat at the Palace dining room a couple times. Their food was wonderful, even the buffet was great. We ate like pigs! Our first Port was Grand Bahama. When we got off the ship first thing that morning it was pretty cloudy and looked like rain. Well it did rain for about an hour then it was nice the rest of the time we were there. We went to Port Lucaya(spelling?) we really enjoyed going into all the little stores and checking everything out. That night on the ship was the South Beach Party. It was fun, lots of dance music and fun drinks. I had a rebellious fish drink, couldnt tell you what was in it but it came in a cute little fish bowl that you got to keep. The next day was Nassau. We did the Stingray snorkel at Blackbeards Cay. This was every bit worth the money! I was a little scared of them but after a few minutes I was fine and having a complete blast! We hopped in a taxi and went to Paradise Island after we went snorkeling. There are two shopping areas by Atlantis, one is an older one and they have a newer shopping area across from the older one. There were a bunch of nice shops in both and they had a straw market over there too. That night on the ship was the white hot party, it was really fun too. By the way, dont miss "the perfect couple" game show, it was hilarious!!! We missed the newlywed, not so newlywed game show unfortunately. Great Stirrup Cay was nice. It was crowded at the main beach area so we walked over to the right were it was a little rocky and got a chair there and swam. All in all we had a great time, it was great weather, great ship, and a wonderful first cruise. If anyone has any questions about the ship or ports or anything, ask away...

The South Beach party was outside on the pool deck but in the Daily it had mentioned that in the event of inclement weather that it might of been held in the Dazzles lounge. They gave out beads to people on the dance floor and played lots of dance music.

Was the South Beach party the only one? I've heard there's a white hot and monte carlo as well as I believe a toga?

I'm leaving the 17th and I'm wondering what exactly to pack! I always pack for about a month when its only a week, and I'm trying to cut down :) and only take the necessary, and a maybe a bit more :o

I'd kinda like to know what other things happen on the ship and such. Looking forward to my cruise quite a bit! What kind of cabin did you have? (If you don't mind me asking?)

Archived