Recommend!!! Barrier Reef Snorkel & Beach at Rendezvous Caye

want2go

Just wanted to recommend Barrier Reef Snorkel & Beach at Rendezvous Caye

(from RCCL).

We were there last week... you go to the cutest tiny island! The snorkeling was fun... little kids enjoyed the beach. The catamaran ride was nice too.

Originally we thought we were too late to reserve... someone saw it was sold out on the excursion desk board. We stopped to ask about other snorkeling... and they said only the morning one was sold out. Great news!

The catamaran picked us up from near the tender area in Belize City... and brought us back to the ship! (the morning one picks up from the ship and drops in the city)

Best advice I got from someone getting off the 1st tour... get on the top deck! They bring you back the same way to go... so if you want a view from the top... line up early and go straight to the top.

We had toured the shops around the pier before sailing and it was hot! It was nice that we could have a coke or water on the ride to the caye.

Highly recommend this excursion! Relaxing and FUN!

Hi, Could you please tell me how long the catamaran ride was? How was the snorkelling???? Was it from the shore of the little island??/or from the boat?? How much did it cost per adult/child? (Although we are on Carnival Valor-they often have very similar excursions offered.) Thank-you in advance for the info.

The catamaran ride was pretty long... the island is out past the sight of the anchored cruise ships... I didn't have a watch to time it... but it is relaxing! I snorkeled the entire time we stopped and felt like I had plenty of time.

I'm not an expert snorkler... I thought it was great! The boat achors off shore... a short swim and you are in waist deep water to walk to shore... or they will pick you up in a kayak. The reef goes around the island... our group went about half way around the island and then turned to come back.

If you are a good snorkler... get in first thing... the sand will not be as kicked up for viewing and you will not be so kicked around with other people's fins! I had to get my daughter to shore... so I was way behind the group. I could tell the sand was kicked up some... but still I could see plenty of fish and coral... and all short of things in the water. After the group came back... I stayed near the catamaran and continued to look at the underwater life... it was fun!

Most people went to the beach... and I guess started with the rum punch!

The cost was $69... same for children.

I would do it again if given the opportunity.

Have Fun!

• 3 weeks later...

The water, of course, gets deeper the further you are away from the island. Where you snorkel is deep enough not to kick the coral, etc. You are given a life vest... so you don't have to be a great swimmer. The better swimmer you are the further you can go around the island. I saw plenty of interesting fish near the boat... just float and look. I'm not a pro... so it was plenty entertaining for me.

I'm not a strong swimmer... and I loved it!

Thanks

This was a concern for my hubby, who is not a great swimmer but wants to try snorkelling. I was more concerned with myself just getting tired and wanting to take a break but I was in the middle of nowhere:eek: . Life jackets would definetly make it more secure and relaxing, I can't wait.

Were there restrooms on the island?

Archived