Changes in the Eqyptian museum

smeyer418

It will be interesting to learn about how folks like this "innovation" with the headsets. Wonder if there will be different length of time tours offered? I am glad we got to do a tour with our live guide last February, but if we get to go back some day it would be great to try the audio guide, too, as I would imagine different exhibits will be highlighted from what we had time to see on our first visit.

After we returned home to the USA I ordered this coffee table book that we treasure. I got a pristine copy for a bargain price at Half.com, and I have seen other copies offered on Amazon, as well. It is a fabulous overview to the King Tut exhibit and the entire Cairo Museum experience: The treasures of Tutankhamen and the Egyptian Museum by Alessia Amenta

Lambs2 - What a wonderful suggestion....I checked it out and ordered one on Amazon...we will be going in November and it will be fun to have in advance and then to look at again after the trip. This way we won't have to worry about buying one there and having it weight us down.

Lambs2 - What a wonderful suggestion....I checked it out and ordered one on Amazon...we will be going in November and it will be fun to have in advance and then to look at again after the trip. This way we won't have to worry about buying one there and having it weight us down.

RE: Coffee Table Book: Good for you! Our copy weighs over 4 pounds and we would NOT have had room for anything weighing that much on our flight home had we purchased it at the Cairo Museum book shop. I did not even specifically look for it there, so have no idea if it was even available for purchase in the English version! You will be VERY happy to have it, especially after you return!

The article seems kind of unclear to me. Does this mean that they will only allow you to rent their audioguide, and private tour guides will not be allowed? Or do they mean that private tour guides will have to use the headphone-type systems common in some other museums?

Just curious, as they state that reducing noise is one of their goals....but that won't happen unless they prohibit/limit the private tour guides. It's probably another way for the museum to make money, as well. :rolleyes:

Archived