10 am flight: taxi or RCI transfers?

Our flight from BCN is scheduled for 10 am on disembarkation day (the earliest that Royal Caribbean recommends). I heard the taxi lines at the port may be long. However, RCI transfer to the airport would cost us $30/person and there are 2 of us.

Do you recommend we try our luck with the taxi or just book the official RCI transfer?

Thanks in advance!

Our flight from BCN is scheduled for 10 am on disembarkation day (the earliest that Royal Caribbean recommends). I heard the taxi lines at the port may be long. However, RCI transfer to the airport would cost us $30/person and there are 2 of us.

Do you recommend we try our luck with the taxi or just book the official RCI transfer?

Thanks in advance!

Last year we did Express Check Out and took a taxi. There were plenty of taxi's and we made it out to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Don't cut it too close.

I think I would book ship transfers for peace of mind. If not then you really should do the very earliest debark possible to ensure you get a taxi with no wait.

When we arrived back in Barcelona we were not in a hurry as we were staying there for 3 days before flying out. I remember looking down from the balcony very early, maybe 7.00ish, and seeing lots of taxis and few people getting off. By the time we got off around 9.00 it was a different story and the taxi line was almost 2 hours long.

• 2 weeks later...

My experience with RCI transfers - (not in Europe though) take it for what it's worth.

There were color coded exits from the ship and we were probably the 4th from the last. As I boarded the bus one woman was freaking out - frantic and very angry (her flight was at 11:30 am) and they had gotten off with Express Check out and were sitting in the bus since 8:30 am. But the bus sits there and waits until the last person on their list boards. We got off the ship at 10:00 and by 10:30 the woman had made such a fuss the bus left without the final 3 people (RCI said they'd pay to put those on a cab). This woman had made life so miserable for the bus driver and everyone else on the bus and was such a pain - AND RCI recommended no earlier flights than 1pm so she was lucky that RCI finally gave in and left.

Ironically, there were plenty of cabs waiting when we got off the ship and even if there weren't I'd think she still could have called and waited for a cab for pickup and still been to the AP in much less time without waiting for 2.5 hours for the bus to fill and I think the taxi may have been cheaper too. Tough call when you are cutting it close.

I am absolutely reading the responses! Thanks so much!

From these responses and other things I've read, it sounds like if I do Express Checkout and be the first group off the ship, I won't have problems getting a taxi so I will go that route.

How do I sign up for Express Checkout?

Thanks again!

How do I sign up for Express Checkout?

Thanks again!

The important thing is DO NOT leave your luggage outside in the hall on the night before you leave. When you get on the ship go to Guest Relations and they will give you the procedure. You will probably be sent to a staging area with your luggage, and then called to disembark.

Which cruise are you on and when do you leave. I'm an Ambassador out at DFW and just might be there when you leave.

Rick

The important thing is DO NOT leave your luggage outside in the hall on the night before you leave. When you get on the ship go to Guest Relations and they will give you the procedure. You will probably be sent to a staging area with your luggage, and then called to disembark.

Which cruise are you on and when do you leave. I'm an Ambassador out at DFW and just might be there when you leave.

Rick

We're on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas Western Med cruise is 11/22 out of Barcelona. What does being an Ambassador mean?

Thanks so much for all your help!

We're on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas Western Med cruise is 11/22 out of Barcelona. What does being an Ambassador mean?

Thanks so much for all your help!

I volunteer out at DFW just helping the confused :rolleyes:. You are going to love Barcelona and the ports you visit.

Rick

Archived