when can excursions be booked?

sunseeker09

When I go on the Carnival site under my cruise and "plan activities" I only see bookable options for our day in Dominica. (which we've already booked privately). The drop down list doesn't show any other port days. We can view all the tours available, but if you try to book them they don't show up. Curious why this is? Is it because we aren't cruising until Jan? If that's the case, how far ahead can they be booked?

Mhusband and I are leaving January. Was told that you can book the excursion about 120 days in advance. But I have been reading alot of post and it sounds lke if you have wait about 75 days before the cruise. You can go private company to book the excursion, but the boat will not wait on if you get back late.

Thanks. That's exactly the info I was looking for. We booked a private tour in Dominica only because they come highly recommended and many people use them. Being new, I am nervous about the whole "missing the boat" thing, but I don't think they would risk ruining their successful business. On the flip side, if I don't hear from anyone that used the company that does a particular cat cruise in St. Lucia (posted there) then we may book through Carnival instead. Both are (unfortunately) enormous cats, do snorkeling, and go by the Pitons, but the private one includes lunch. I get nervous about tours that are scheduled to get back only 1 hour before the disembark time. Is that being too paranoid?

Thanks. That's exactly the info I was looking for. We booked a private tour in Dominica only because they come highly recommended and many people use them. Being new, I am nervous about the whole "missing the boat" thing, but I don't think they would risk ruining their successful business. On the flip side, if I don't hear from anyone that used the company that does a particular cat cruise in St. Lucia (posted there) then we may book through Carnival instead. Both are (unfortunately) enormous cats, do snorkeling, and go by the Pitons, but the private one includes lunch. I get nervous about tours that are scheduled to get back only 1 hour before the disembark time. Is that being too paranoid?

We do things where we are in control of the time. Take a taxi to our own beach break, go shopping near the port or take a taxi to city center, or take a private tour that is only in the morning or gets back in earrrrrly afternoon. I like being in control.:D

Archived