How often does your PVP call?

ebkallen

I'm finding this a little annoying. I have a PVP that I have never used other to ask a question, that calls almost each time I visit the Carnival website. I nicely explain that I'm just browsing and not ready to committ to anything, he calls once or twice a week or more sometimes I even get emails thanking me for visiting the site.

ditto. Last time, I actually had booked a cruise and he called. In hindsight, I wanted to handle it via him instead of online, but I was in a rush to book before my cabin was taken or the price went up. I asked if I could transfer it to him, and he said no. I haven't heard from him since, even though I routinely visit the site to check rates on that sailing and others. :rolleyes:

I have a very proactive PVP. He calls me when he notices price drops and anything that would be to my benifit. He will also call every once in a while to just see how things are going (I have been on convalescent leave for the past 6 weeks, hopefully will get cleared for duty this week).

I don't use a certain PVP. I just call and deal with the person that answers the phone. I have had many people try to have me make them my PVP, but I never call them back directly. I have never once had Carnival call me about anything. I would be pretty irritated if they called me everytime I went to their website.

I don't use a certain PVP. I just call and deal with the person that answers the phone. I have had many people try to have me make them my PVP, but I never call them back directly. I have never once had Carnival call me about anything. I would be pretty irritated if they called me everytime I went to their website.

I have never had great experience with the PVPs that either call me OR that I get when I call them... I really don't want to book directly through carnival because I love my TA but I am thinking it may be a better bet if I book easy saver so I can get the price reductions a little easier... any thoughts????

Actually received my first call from a PVP today. I have only ever researched fares online and had previously booked through a travel group, so never had a reason to talk with PVPs.

Recently I was doing some digging, called the Carnival number to ask a couple of questions specific to different types of discounts and such, got one guy on the phone who told me it was possible to combine two discounts about which I was inquiring and when I asked what the savings would be, he asked me to hold, and I was transferred to someone who didn't know I was being helped. Turns out he didn't know what he was talking about. So that was the only time I have ever called Carnival. Well, Carnival must log your phone number or something, since my phone number is unlisted and the PVP called today inquiring whether she could help with a booking or something...which is funny, because I booked my cruise earlier, last month.

I told her so, and she said, "okay, thank you." and hung up...not even an offer to look at additional sailings or anything. Not very polite...

35FUNNY.gif

Mine NEVER calls unless it's time for final payment ... even when I've asked her to keep an eye open for specials on certain sailings. I find that I'm better off watching on my own and calling her when I need to book it ... although sometimes I've wondered why I call her when I could just as easily book online. YTD, we've given her 6 cabins booked and sailing this year (2 down, 4 to go) ... you'd think she'd want to be a little more proactive since we're proven customers who have referred others to her as well, but ??? I'm a commissioned salesperson ... I understand they don't work on commission, but they do get graded on number of bookings, etc ... and I just don't get the lack of follow up. However, she usually can answer any questions I have and usually is correct. (most Carnival employees don't know as much as I do, thanks to these boards)

I LOVE my pvp! She is so great, she will call every few months and ask how everything is and if I was thinking of planning a cruise. Two times following my first cruise I just said we had no plans but it was very possible. So she said "ok, when would you like ME to contact YOU again" and I said in a few months would be fine, and if I needed anything I would contact her. She did exactly that, and knows I will contact her when I have any inquiries and other than that she calls as often as I ask her to. She's so helpful, and always tries to figure out a way to get what I want for a cruise! She is a keeper! : )

My first PVP was very helpful, and even called to say bon voyage the morning of our cruise. I don't know what happened to her, when I called to book our second cruise, she was gone.

The PVP I use now is a pretty good guy. He did call me out of the blue one time, with a screaming deal on something he knew I wanted to book and we booked it on the spot. But it pretty much is that I call him as I need to book. He's very helpful with comparing pricing with me but he also knows that when I'm ready to book that I have pretty much searched out all my options.

I've never seen a better deal than what I get when I book with him, and he's helped me get OBC's when there have been price drops. That said, I book so far in advance that a price drop is very rare.

Mine is great when I call but for better or worse in the two years I have been dealing with only has called me once about a special.

However when I call about a possible booking he is right there for me and has found me some good savings so I have recommended him to others.

Mine never calls. Wish that I was able to book and make payments online, but I always get the same error message. Have never been able to book online. I even emailed Carnival several weeks ago asking for help with the problem, but have not heard back from them. Any ideas about what I can do?

When I'm "just looking" on the Carnival website I make sure I am logged out. Otherwise, if I don't have a cruise booked, I will receive a call from my PVP. I really like her but she is extremely chatty and I don't always have the time for that. :rolleyes: I love to do things on-line and really wish we could make payments on our cruise online... (like Disney lets you do)

I don't know who mine is lol. I had called Carnival about pricing on the cruises I have booked but for some reason didn't quote me the lowerst price which was on their pack and go rate online. So naturally I went online and booked it. The next day I got a call from a guy asking if I needed any help booking and he said... oh ok well I will send you off an email to introduce myself to you then, never got one.

Mine never calls. Wish that I was able to book and make payments online, but I always get the same error message. Have never been able to book online. I even emailed Carnival several weeks ago asking for help with the problem, but have not heard back from them. Any ideas about what I can do?

I have the same problem every time I try to book online. I start the process then it says for me to call directly. I have had to do that all 3 times I have booked. What I will do from now on is just look up what cabin I want then call Carnival and tell them what I want. I would just call them and make your payments. That is what I do and had no problems at all.

We have used the same PVP for about 7 years and I have noticed that the service they offer is less and less each time we book. He use to be able to do the price adjustments, offer upgrades etc. Now it seems with all the new programs/specials, Carnival has taken a lot of that away from the PVP's

I still call my PVP but its not the same warm and fuzzy - currently we have 4 cabins booked with him. Not sure if we will continue to use him on our next trip or not.

I LOVE my pvp! She is so great, she will call every few months and ask how everything is and if I was thinking of planning a cruise. Two times following my first cruise I just said we had no plans but it was very possible. So she said "ok, when would you like ME to contact YOU again" and I said in a few months would be fine, and if I needed anything I would contact her. She did exactly that, and knows I will contact her when I have any inquiries and other than that she calls as often as I ask her to. She's so helpful, and always tries to figure out a way to get what I want for a cruise! She is a keeper! : )

mcarlson, would I be able to get her name and contact number from you? We're considering a cruise on the Triumph this December and would like to talk to Carnival about prices and possibly booking... I would prefer to book with someone who has been recommended as opposed to just calling the main number. Thanks!

Archived