Smoking on Arcadia

marlin48

Can anyone tell me if smoking is allowed on Arcadia and if so where. I am an ex smoker of many years and avoid when possible, i don,t begrudge anyone a cig as long as i don't have to share it.

Its a shame its allowed on balconies:mad: As a non-smoker who has a balcony cabin, REALLY looking forward to be surrounded by smokers -its banned on Equinox on balconies, a shame not on P&O ships. Or perhaps make one side of the ship smoking and one side non-smoking?:rolleyes:

as a non smoker personally i don't know what all the fuss is about,if someone wants to smoke let them smoke it's their life let them get on with it,balcony, bar, who cares!

leave the smokers alone and get on with your lifes never mind bothering about anybody else.

this might get a few going but i haven't got a problem with the smokers.

live and let die

keep smiling

Can anyone tell me if smoking is allowed on Arcadia and if so where. I am an ex smoker of many years and avoid when possible, i don,t begrudge anyone a cig as long as i don't have to share it.

It does seem that ex smokers detest secondary smoke much more than non smokers. I have a friend who used to surround me in clouds of smoke whenever we were out. Now he complains if he has to walk through the "doorway smokers" outide the pub.

As a non and never was smoker I think the ban has gone far enough.

And remember all the tax they contribute, as well as dying earlier so they are not a burden on the health service.

David.

It does seem that ex smokers detest secondary smoke much more than non smokers. I have a friend who used to surround me in clouds of smoke whenever we were out. Now he complains if he has to walk through the "doorway smokers" outide the pub.

And remember all the tax they contribute, as well as dying earlier so they are not a burden on the health service.

David.

whats wrong with my idea of starboard smokers, port non smokers on balconies?:rolleyes:

whats wrong with my idea of starboard smokers, port non smokers on balconies?:rolleyes:

The vast majority on board will be none smokers, therefore portside will be full and starboard underused. This would cause all the passenger weight to be on one side causeing an imbalance, and risking the stabilty of the ship.

The vast majority on board will be none smokers, therefore portside will be full and starboard underused. This would cause all the passenger weight to be on one side causeing an imbalance, and risking the stabilty of the ship.

That's all right. The non-smokers, being on the heavier side, will go in first, giving the rest of time to prepare our escape plan.:)

Sir Martin

David.

Thank you, David (and old git). I find passive moaning particularly trying.

Sir Martin

That's all right. The non-smokers, being on the heavier side, will go in first, giving the rest of time to prepare our escape plan.:)

Sir Martin

All that loss of life, just because L/L finds the faint whiff of smoke unpalletable.

All that loss of life, just because L/L finds the faint whiff of smoke unpalletable.

And think of the premium they will charge for the smoke "free" side of the ship! Makes you almost want to take up smoking to get the bargain basement fares for starboard...of course, you WILL be required to prove your smoking bona fides...

I only asked where is smoking allowed i didn't intend to start a war.

Having been a dart player for over 30years most of it as a non smoker i never bothered about people smoking and still dont.

The only time i have got irate about it in all those years was last year on the Ventura when some clown above us kept throwing buts and matches over the side but kept themselves well hidden,which gives credence to Libralasses argument.

So any chance of an answer other than balconies.

I only asked where is smoking allowed i didn't intend to start a war.

Having been a dart player for over 30years most of it as a non smoker i never bothered about people smoking and still dont.

The only time i have got irate about it in all those years was last year on the Ventura when some clown above us kept throwing buts and matches over the side but kept themselves well hidden,which gives credence to Libralasses argument.

So any chance of an answer other than balconies.

How wonderfully naive:rolleyes:

You only have to mention the evil weed and out they come, first the defenders getting their retaliation in first and this is often followed by some lightweight attacks and at this time a referee steps in to calm the situation down.

The heavyweight anti smoking lobby now enter the fray and land some good body blows. The smokers now, coughing and spluttering launch there main defence.

All of this leads to a great deal of hot air and unpleasantness.

No one is going to change their minds, so can we give it a rest and just answer a question with fact.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Um, but you haven't. Answered the question, that is.

Mary

Mary,

Thats cos I do not know, but we have got this far in the thread and no one has:mad:.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Effective 9 May 2010 for Arcadia, smoking will be banned from all interior public spaces and staterooms. Smoking will be permitted on stateroom balconies and on "certain" areas of the open deck.

http://www.pocruises.com/Help/health-and-safety.axd

• 4 weeks later...

Returned VERY recently from Oceana, had a balcony cabin and every time we went out there we smelt cigarette smoke which is not nice when you are a non-smoker, . During the force 10 storm our friend next door was puffing away, and as I lay on my bed with the balcony door open for some FRESH air to stop the queasy feeling, the smoke even came into our cabin as I was trying not to be sea-sick as we roller-coasted and tilted from left to right. On the last few cruises have smelt cigarette smoke this its great for the smoker and horrible for the non-smoker!

Archived