Holland House Beach Is Wonderful

CruiseFever

St Maarten-

ST_MAARTEN_070.jpg

We'd been to St Maarten a number of times so we were quite pleasantly surprised when we found the Holland House Hotel on the beach and made friends with Louie and "Iceman", the two guys that service the beach guests.

We've always taken the water taxi from the pier then turned left, towards where Everything Cool was. On this trip they dropped us farther to the right, at the head of a new "boardwalk" area that is really nicely done, in the same flavor as the new pier area.

Boy am I glad they did

Louie took really good care of us and we had our best port day right there on the beach. The water and beach were very nice. Louie brought us buckets of beer ($10 for 6) Guavaberry Colada (Lisa's new favorite drink), and burgers (dang good) or anything else we wanted to our nice chairs and umbrellas ($20 for four chairs and two umbrellas). If you go there find this place and ask for Louie or Iceman and say Chris sent you. They will take very good care of you

Chris-

I take it that you did not make any arrangements in advance--just got off the ship and found a taxi. Is it usually fairly easy to find water taxis (or regular taxis) on St. Martin's? The day we go to St. Martin's several ships will be in port and I want to make sure we get to a nice beach.

Thanks!

No we just happened upon the place.

We got off the ship about 9am, went to the water taxi then to the beach. We usually take a cab back though; about the same price and not all the standing around in a line to wait

The water taxi's go back and forth all day. One way is $3 and round trip is $5.

We had a very nice lunch there on one of our cruises. We were hot, tired and hungry from too many jewelry stores and walked into the Holland House Hotel. We had salads and sandwiches on their deck and it was lovely. I recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

I did see people snorkeling here and the water is certainly clear enough to do it but I did not get the impression that people came there just to snorkle...like there was better snorkeling elsewhere. I'm not a snorkeler but maybe someone who is can add some ideas here.

Archived