Cabin Night Dinner Show - Opinion

funtimex2

For those who have been to this dinner show ~ did you enjoy it or is it a waste of time and money. It cost $62 and that is a bit high, but I know things tend to be higher in Alaska.

We went this past July with my parents (in their mid 70's). They really enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the show. The salmon and ribs were good but the corn was AWFUL!!!!!!!

We had used a Toursaver coupon so got it for 2 for 1. I wouldn't go back again but it was an enjoyable evening.

You do sit on benches though so beware if you have a bad back.

My husband and I really enjoyed this evening,the entertainment was a bit cheesey but we expected that. The food was excellent, with ribs, corn, salmon, and homemade beans and a delicious blueberry dessert. It was a fun time.

We went this past July with my parents (in their mid 70's). They really enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the show. The salmon and ribs were good but the corn was AWFUL!!!!!!!

We had used a Toursaver coupon so got it for 2 for 1. I wouldn't go back again but it was an enjoyable evening.

You do sit on benches though so beware if you have a bad back.

Where did you get the coupon?

Where did you get the coupon?

We bought the Toursaver book. It was $99.00 and had tons of 2 for 1 deals for that, whale watching, Mt. Roberts Tram, etc. You can look online at all the different deals and see if it works for what you have planned. If you are doing any of the major excursions like whale watching, Bering Sea Tour, etc, you need to book ahead.

I called and reserved many of our tours and told them I didn't have the book yet. They were fine with that.

www.toursaver.com

I am so glad we bought that book. It saved us a ton of money!

I do believe the Northern Lights coupon book also has a coupon for the Cabin Nite in it. You'd have to check though.

http://www.alaska-discounts.com/

Once was okay :)... I would not go again however, and certainly not at full price. We used Toursaver BOGO coupon.

A certain well known auction website has several Toursaver's listed up for auction if you care to look.

Food was good, show was corny, but funny at times.

However, we were packed in like sardines on the benches with elbow room severly lacking. That seriously affected my enjoyment of the entire evening, especially for the cost.

This was in May 2006... perhaps things have improved. :)

After reading on CC about "long waits, poor service and expensive meals" at the isolated McKinley Wilderness Lodge: we booked the Cabin Dinner show.

The show was an experience. The food was good, served family style, and you could make a pig of yourself. We had salad, biscuits, chicken, salmon, ribs, beans, and corn on the cob. Now we live in Ohio where the fresh picked sweet corn is tender and tastes like candy during July. The corn may have come from Ohio, but it certainly was not fresh picked. I seldom expect restaurant corn to taste good, so I am not disappointed. Iced tea and coffee were included. Wine and bar drinks were available.

You are expected to paricipate: to whoop, to hollar, and you could even pay a dollar for a kiss. All in all it was enjoyable. I am not sure that I would do it again.

Mainly, because we discovered that the negative comments I had read about the dining room were WRONG. The service was wonderful, what we ate was excellent. Yes it was expensive, welcome to Alaska! Our 3-day land tour cost way more than our all-inclusive 7-day cruise!!!!!

Archived