Questions about AOS and San Juan

Diver Bob

I have a few questions about our upcoming trip on RCI Adventure of the Seas leaving out of San Juan. We arrive at the SJ airport at 1pm. If I have read other threads correctly, AOS leaves from the pier by the old airport, Pan American pier I believe it is called.

aos.jpg

Since we have almost 4 hours to kill before we can check on the ship...

- What can you do with several large pieces of luggage (including dive gear which I HIGHLY value:D) that would be safe for 4 or 5 hours? We aren't required to be on the ship until 6:30pm.

- Is it about a 10-15min taxi ride over to OSJ area from Pan Am pier?

- Is it worth going straight from the airport to OSJ and using one of the places I have read about in other posts for storing bags? Are they safe? ( I never saw that answer posted)

- How crazy does it get around AOS during boarding time in San Juan? I have seen it get pretty nuts around FOS during boarding time in Miami.. are there long lines?

Thanks for your ideas and feedback...

Bob

Bob...If you go to RCI Boards you will find a thread started by Ckrobyn that has info about the AOS and you can get your questions answered there. Very informative. Certainly helped us.

Anna:)

I have a few questions about our upcoming trip on RCI Adventure of the Seas leaving out of San Juan. We arrive at the SJ airport at 1pm. If I have read other threads correctly, AOS leaves from the pier by the old airport, Pan American pier I believe it is called.

aos.jpg

- What can you do with several large pieces of luggage (including dive gear which I HIGHLY value:D) that would be safe for 4 or 5 hours? We aren't required to be on the ship until 6:30pm.

- Is it worth going straight from the airport to OSJ and using one of the places I have read about in other posts for storing bags? Are they safe? ( I never saw that answer posted)

- How crazy does it get around AOS during boarding time in San Juan? I have seen it get pretty nuts around FOS during boarding time in Miami.. are there long lines?

Bob

The AOS will likely be boarding by 1PM, so you can go right to the ship, we boarded at 2:00 in May.

You arrive at San Juan airport at 1:00 so it would probably be at least 2:00 before you gather your luggage and get to the pier. At that time you should be able to drop your luggage off at the ship and then either wander back out to enjoy Puerto Rico or get on the ship and start your cruise. We sailed Carnival Destiny out of San Juan a few years back and we got to the pier at 11:00 and was able to leave our luggage. Have a great cruise!

aos.jpg

Bob

We sailed on AOS in January. By 1 pm, you will be able to board. The rooms will be open at 2 pm. Personally, I would just board the ship and start on the tan, the bar tab, the climbing wall, etc.... We boarded around noon when we sailed.

The Pan Am pier is pretty simple. If you have your luggage tags, just tag them at the airport, get a taxi (there are people there who will get you to the right place via taxi, and the fare is a fixed rate) and go to the pier. The porter system at Pan Am is easy for the outgoing portion. Just hand them the bags and walk right in to the terminal. We go through the security portion of it within 10 minutes. Getting our SeaPasses took a bit longer, but that was pretty easy as well. We were on the ship within 25-30 minutes of getting out of the cab, and there were 10 of us in our group (four kids).

So, all you need going from the airport is a small carryon with a swimsuit and sunscreen.

Have a great time!

-Bill

Archived