Just received message from NCL re: New Menus

LINY123

Just received this message from NCL....

Norwegian Cruise Line has revolutionized cruise dining once again, and you'll be among the first to experience it. There are brand new menus at Norwegian Dawn's two main dining rooms — Aqua and Venetian. These new menus will be available to you each day of your cruise and each restaurant has a different menu offering more of your favorite dishes. Or choose from our Chef's Daily Selections that change every day.

Does this mean they will be rolling out new menus on the Dawn 8/9...

Just received this message from NCL....

Norwegian Cruise Line has revolutionized cruise dining once again, and you'll be among the first to experience it. There are brand new menus at Norwegian Dawn's two main dining rooms — Aqua and Venetian. These new menus will be available to you each day of your cruise and each restaurant has a different menu offering more of your favorite dishes. Or choose from our Chef's Daily Selections that change every day.

Does this mean they will be rolling out new menus on the Dawn 8/9...

Got the same message. The trial has been going on all summer. Stop by the roll call or at least the Meet and Greet Monday the 10th, Star Bar, 10:30 am.

Roll Call Link

The menus have changed a bit since these were posted but this link will give you some idea. I am delighted they are still in place.

I agree the menu looked interesting enough to begin with and we do plan on trying out 2-3 of the specialty restaurants... I am not opposed to paying for a special dining menu... Looking forward to a wonderful cruising experience... and we will try to make one of the events (are these only open to those who booked via this site??)

I agree the menu looked interesting enough to begin with and we do plan on trying out 2-3 of the specialty restaurants... I am not opposed to paying for a special dining menu... Looking forward to a wonderful cruising experience... and we will try to make one of the events (are these only open to those who booked via this site??)

Actually that is the menu for the main dining room every night from what others who have reported on it has said.

Open to anyone who posts here. Excellent chance to meet the officers onboard. Like you we will hit the the specialty restaurants at least 3 nights. It is nice to know there are some excellent options any night in the MDRs.

We experienced the static menus on the Dawn in June. It looked intriguing when we first saw it. But, frankly, I was bored by the last night. We ate in specialty restaurants 3 nights and MDR 3 nights and 1 night in our cabin. By the 3rd time in Venetian, we were wishing there were more options. There were only 2 options that interested me. And, we are not fans of the atmosphere in Aqua. So, we weren't that thrilled with the menu changes.

To me it sounds like it has gone from experiment to full time now. Of course that is just how I am taking it.

I'm sure not looking forward to that same menu for 14 days. There are only 2 entrees there that I eat. :(

Mr. Lee.. I have been very upfront about actually liking a great deal of the offerings on the static menus and actually not opposed to them. However I think even I will get bored with them on our repo cruise. 14 days is a lot of repeat.. LOL. I must say as much as I was for the static menus, I really hoped NCL would not keep them as it is a disappointment to Doug as he enjoyed going by the restaurant every day to see what was on for that night. Yes, they still have the chefs special, but still I don't think it will be that much joy for Doug. And trust me when I say, I would have gladly given up my pleasure of having the static menu for the joy Doug had going by and checking it out the menu daily. Not only for Doug (although his joy is enough for me), but also wished NCL would not implement them full time just because of how disappointed a lot of other folks seem to feel about them.

My guess is that it's an experiment until the end of the Bermuda cruise season.

I honestly hope so. It seems that those who like the changing menu are much more passionate about wanting it that way than I feel about the static menus. Have to pick your battles.. you know?? ;)

To me it sounds like it has gone from experiment to full time now. Of course that is just how I am taking it.

Mr. Lee.. I have been very upfront about actually liking a great deal of the offerings on the static menus and actually not opposed to them. However I think even I will get bored with them on our repo cruise. 14 days is a lot of repeat.. LOL. I must say as much as I was for the static menus, I really hoped NCL would not keep them as it is a disappointment to Doug as he enjoyed going by the restaurant every day to see what was on for that night. Yes, they still have the chefs special, but still I don't think it will be that much joy for Doug. And trust me when I say, I would have gladly given up my pleasure of having the static menu for the joy Doug had going by and checking it out the menu daily. Not only for Doug (although his joy is enough for me), but also wished NCL would not implement them full time just because of how disappointed a lot of other folks seem to feel about them.

Like Doug I loved checking the menu everyday but in hopes there would be something that would bring me joy. More often then not my next move was another reservation in a specialty restaurant for that night. Most of the dishes that I hoped to see were on one of the two fixed menus. For 7 days it is perfect with at least 4 entrées I would love to have. Throw in at least one night at Cagney's, Bistro, and Teppanyaci and I am good to go. Now 14 days I have to agree it could get old.

Archived